Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: You can shoulder arm braces. Again. (ATF arm brace reversal stuff)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    I keep hearing this, but is there any proof that too many people writing letters is what got the braces unable to be shouldered?
    The letter was a response to an inquiry.

Quote Originally Posted by m4hk33 View Post
    first it...
    PM sent..
    Last edited by MegademiC; 06-05-17 at 00:04.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
    The reason for me starting the thread was to get more educated on the subject, the new letter from the ATF was mentioned to me at the gun store Fri.

I went in to buy my KAC lower to start my pistol build and the clerk asked if I was building a pistol instead of an SBR because it's now legal to shoulder fire pistols now.

This didn't sound right to me but I said I didn't know you could and my intent was to just have the pistol until I could get an SBR tax stamp back.

Then I got home and started reading and most articles are unclear, I figured most here would know a little more than a shop clerk.

After my build is done I plan to go shoot and not shoulder the arm brace, but after the new letter being posted I wanted to ask what it really meant and hadn't seen any other mention of it here on the forum.
    Just go shoot it in the fashion the situation dictates. If that means you simply cheek the brace, wrap it around your arm or shoulder it, you are within the intent of the latest letter. This is why I suggested you get two lowers- one to SBR, the other to be built as a pistol. Since the original SB brace came out, I've done a lot of shooting and a lot of traveling with a pistol AR and it's served me well
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456