Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Weight loss surgery

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Screw both of ya's.

As soon as I can figure out how to fill a Camelbak with a Vanilla milkshake and have it not thaw out I'll, show you what refreshing looks like.
    Back at ya'!

Now I am off for a vanilla milkshake; not kidding.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I'm sitting here, straight Jelly.

Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    Back at ya'!

Now I am off for a vanilla milkshake; not kidding.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had a Vanilla Butter Pecan Shake with my bowl of chili for lunch. Yummy.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    thanks again everyone. I have been reading the comments even though I have not had a chance to reply.

Sitting at a very slow open house so finally having some time to catch up!

Even before I had posted this I had made a Drs appointment. Not about the surgery but just to talk to her about what I needed to do.

Without question my diet is the biggest single issue. So I am working on monitoring that closely to see how close or off I have been. Overall I was pretty close. The occasional candy bar if I am hungry and in a hurry. The main issue though as I thought is soda intake. I greatly underestimated how much I was drinking in a given day. So I have taken immediate steps to curtail that. Other than that it is probably a lot of inconsistency. Yesterday I had a burger and fries for dinner with my wife and friends. That is all I ate all day.

Today I had breakfast. Would kill for something right now, and may or may not eat both a late lunch and dinner.

A couple people have commented on eating 4 or so smaller meals and I feel that could go a long way towards balancing things out. I know my metabolism has to be bi polar at this point given my lack of schedule and consistency on meals.

In the end I have seen a lot good thoughts here on both sides of the fence and I do appreciate it.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I had a Vanilla Butter Pecan Shake with my bowl of chili for lunch. Yummy.
    Damn I hate you man....

A good buddy of mine likes to brag about how some weekends he will go buy an entire dozen Krispy Kreme donuts and eat the entire box over a weekend. He is around 6 foot and under 200lbs, not to mention older than I am. Sometimes I feel the need to smack him obviously. LOL. If I ate like that I am pretty sure I would die immediatly.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    Damn I hate you man....

A good buddy of mine likes to brag about how some weekends he will go buy an entire dozen Krispy Kreme donuts and eat the entire box over a weekend. He is around 6 foot and under 200lbs, not to mention older than I am. Sometimes I feel the need to smack him obviously. LOL. If I ate like that I am pretty sure I would die immediatly.
    LOL A WHOLE WEEKEND TO EAT A DOZEN?

What takes him so long? I have eaten a dozen KKs in one morning.

Hold on my wife just turned on NASCAR what the ****...

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Hold on my wife just turned on NASCAR what the ****...

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Oh yeah....

That happened.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Oh yeah....

That happened.
    The liberals have euro now. It's over.

Kwelz, good luck man. Sounds like you're taking the right initial steps.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    thanks again everyone. I have been reading the comments even though I have not had a chance to reply.

Sitting at a very slow open house so finally having some time to catch up!

Even before I had posted this I had made a Drs appointment. Not about the surgery but just to talk to her about what I needed to do.

Without question my diet is the biggest single issue. So I am working on monitoring that closely to see how close or off I have been. Overall I was pretty close. The occasional candy bar if I am hungry and in a hurry. The main issue though as I thought is soda intake. I greatly underestimated how much I was drinking in a given day. So I have taken immediate steps to curtail that. Other than that it is probably a lot of inconsistency. Yesterday I had a burger and fries for dinner with my wife and friends. That is all I ate all day.

Today I had breakfast. Would kill for something right now, and may or may not eat both a late lunch and dinner.

A couple people have commented on eating 4 or so smaller meals and I feel that could go a long way towards balancing things out. I know my metabolism has to be bi polar at this point given my lack of schedule and consistency on meals.

In the end I have seen a lot good thoughts here on both sides of the fence and I do appreciate it.
    Good plan...consulting with a physician. Excellent place to start as long as it's a physician with some knowledge of obesity medicine. I say that because there are a LOT of doctors that have no clue, with less of an understanding that what I've seen expressed in this thread (with one or two notable exceptions). It's not a discipline that is commonly well-understood by your average primary care doctor.

Your BMI is not at a point where you just need to just tweak your lifestyle. You are in for a major renovation because losing 150 lbs and keeping it off is a Herculean task. Be realistic, be open-minded, be smart. Best of luck to you.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast