Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: surefire 60 mags feeding issues

Feedback Score
    4 (83%)

surefire 60 mags feeding issues

can anyone confirm if the feeding issues were before or after a certain manufacturing date? or if its just a myth and its actually user error?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Some of the earlier ones had some issues. If you look around the net you can find more info.

That being said I have (2) of them I bought brand new back in 2014. Out of the package they would not lock the bolt back when empty. I ran (2) mags through and they have worked 100% since then. I figured the new parts had to work in somewhat.

ETA - After reading anothet post I wanted to ad I only shoot brass cased ammo so IDK how they are with steel cased stuff.
    Last edited by EzGoingKev; 04-29-17 at 08:00.

Feedback Score
    I bought the 60 and 100 some time ago and had some hiccups. I sent them back because, for the money, they should be 100% all of the time. Add in the PITA cleaning and maintenance, I'll stick with Pmags and GI's.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No issues with my 3.
    Earth has always been a dangerous place to live, be prepared!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    2014-2015 era ones weren't working too well. I gave up on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have had 3. 2 which would have the rounds catch rounds in the mag if loaded to more than 40 rounds. 40 rounds or less I didn't have an issue, but neither do regular 40s. Those were sold or traded off to others with more patience than me for messing with the mags. Have a third, picked up from BCM when they were like $68 bucks. Still in the wrapper.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I had one that jammed constantly. No clue on the manufacture date, I gave that turd away.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I have two purchased new in 2014 that have about 600 rounds each through them with no issues.

Feedback Score
    I have 2 of them. 2012 manufacture if memory serves. One is still in the wrapper. The other one would hang up rounds constantly.

Discovered the larger follower was hanging up on the center divider/guide. When this occurred the second smaller follower would have have insufficient spring pressure to lift rounds and the magazine would turn into a maraca.

I solved the issue with a file on the spine of the center divider/guide and smoothed out some sharp ledges left over from the stamping press. Problem eliminated. Mag works like a champ now. Way stronger follower spring pressure now that the big coil spring driving the big follower can actually do its job.

Feedback Score
    When I got mine, it had a couple issues. A guy who had been running them a lot told me what to do. You disassemble the mag and go over the interior looking for rough spots. Interior spine, sides, etc. Also smooth the spring if needed, as well as the followers. Some of the springs appeared to have been "dipped" and have little bulges or rough spots. I took around 20 minutes going through it and smoothing it out and it has run well for~500 rounds.

I have found that because of the weight of the round stack they are slightly prone to magazine surge. If you drop hard into prone or hit the mag hard the follower can lose control of the rounds. If it does, clear it and put in a regular mag.
    "Guns are like neurosurgeons. When you need one, you need one badly."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast