Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mossberg 590 Shockwave

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Mossberg 590 Shockwave

If you have one, how do you like it? Practical or toy?
    Earth has always been a dangerous place to live, be prepared!

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I say it's an inexpensive toy. I have been tossing around building an 870 version. It would be more practical if someone came up with a 000 buckshot spreader load that would open up to 10-12 inches @ 12-15 feet.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's more of a toy or special purpose gun. I bought mine with the intention of one day F1'n it to an SBS.
    That said I wouldn't want to be on the other end of one for sure.
    If you are on the fence, I say buy it, if you don't like it you shouldn't have any trouble selling it

Feedback Score
    I don't have a Mossberg 590,but it's on my wish list,may in the next three to four months.
    USMC RVN Vet. 0311,68/69.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've been thinking of buying one for the Tax refund fun gun, although really a $300 pistol grip Mossberg500 is essentially the same and cheaper. I've had a M500 once (Mariner model) with a folding stock. It was a good cheap HD weapon, but I've since moved to a semi-auto shotgun for HD (Saiga12 with 10rd mags).

Cheapest I've seen them is $389 at Buds. If its goes down to $350 later on maybe I'll pick one up.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeM4 View Post
    I've been thinking of buying one for the Tax refund fun gun, although really a $300 pistol grip Mossberg500 is essentially the same and cheaper. I've had a M500 once (Mariner model) with a folding stock. It was a good cheap HD weapon, but I've since moved to a semi-auto shotgun for HD (Saiga12 with 10rd mags).

Cheapest I've seen them is $389 at Buds. If its goes down to $350 later on maybe I'll pick one up.
    How do you figure a pistol grip M500 with an 18" barrel is the same??

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    How do you figure a pistol grip M500 with an 18" barrel is the same??
    4" difference in barrel length. The Shockwave is 14" IIRC

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeM4 View Post
    4" difference in barrel length. The Shockwave is 14" IIRC
    You didn't answer the question. Why do you think they are the same??? So a 4" longer barrel and a "Mall Ninja" pistol grip SG is the same as the Shockwave in your opinion???

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    You didn't answer the question. Why do you think they are the same??? So a 4" longer barrel and a "Mall Ninja" pistol grip SG is the same as the Shockwave in your opinion???
    I said its essentially the same, not exactly the same.

There is nothing mall ninja about the factory Mossberg500 pistol grip that it comes with. Ive used it many times in stock form with no issues. Both models can be fired one-handed or 2handed. A 4" barrel difference is not much more really.

Here is a factory M500 pistol grip. Have you not seen or fired one? I owned 2 different models, the black one below (7+1), and a Mariner model (5+1) with the standard stock which I converted to the ATI folding stock.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    My vote is "toy".

The intimidation factor is through the roof granted, but have you actually shot a 12 ga. pistol grip at speed, with OO Buck and been pleased with the results?
    From the perspective of hits on target and on the shooters end?

Shotguns have stocks for a reason.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast