G&R Tactical
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mossberg 590 Shockwave

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysusigma View Post
    Judges have a semi-rifled bore, if I remember right. It's seen as a .45LC revolver that "just so happens" to fit .410.
    "Shotguns" as used in the Oklahoma Firearms Act of 1971, Sections
    1289.1[21-1289.1] through 1289.17[21-1289.17] of this title, shall mean any firearm capable of discharging a series of projectiles of any material which may reasonably be expected to be able to cause lethal injury, with a barrel or barrels more than eighteen (18) inches in length, and using either gunpowder, gas or any means of rocket propulsion, but not to include any weapon so designed with a barrel less than eighteen (18) inches in length. In addition, any "shotgun" capable of firing single projectiles but primarily designed to fire multiple projectiles such as "shot" will be regarded as a "shotgun".

TITLE 21 1290.2 DEFINITIONS
    A. As used in the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act:
    Pistol means any derringer, revolver or semiautomatic firearm which:
    a. has an overall length of less than sixteen (16) inches,
    b. is capable of discharging a projectile composed of any material which may reasonably be expected
    to be able to cause lethal injury,
    c. is designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand, and
    d. uses either gunpowder, gas or any means of rocket propulsion to discharge the projectile.
    B. The definition of pistol for purposes of the Oklahoma Self Defense Act shall not apply to homemade or imitation
    pistols, flare guns, underwater fishing guns or blank pistols.
    Is there a mention of rifled or smooth bores?
    Is there a mention of a shotgun even being designed to be 'fired from the shoulder'?

For what it's worth, the Georgia Code defines a long-gun as:
    (4) "Long gun" means a firearm with a barrel length of at least 18 inches and overall length of at least 26 inches designed or made and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or made to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed:
    I can only guess how many hundreds of 16" barreled AR's, AK's, FN's and whatever other carbines are transferred by GA FFL's on a daily basis without any arrests by the state.
    Last edited by 4thPointOfContact; 05-25-17 at 12:35.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't have the budget to afford a lawyer to contest the state, so 4+ inches of barrel - to me - has to be inconsequential.

I agree that the State law is not in accordance with Federal regulations, but the Tenth Amendment allows for such... inconsistencies.
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBossman View Post
    Its not a "fighting shotgun", but it doesn't appear as useless as one would think. I'm thinking of getting one, semi-compact and handy, definitely requires technique...

Good review.

I got to see and handle one of these at the last gunshow. Its great if it meets your needs or budget. Still a bit overpriced (I think it was $450 at the show).

Feedback Score
    When I move to Texas and become a resident the shockwave is on my short list of first firearms to get

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysusigma View Post
    I don't have the budget to afford a lawyer to contest the state, so 4+ inches of barrel - to me - has to be inconsequential.

I agree that the State law is not in accordance with Federal regulations, but the Tenth Amendment allows for such... inconsistencies.
    States are not allowed to override the Constitution, we are just to cowardly to stand up to them.
    Earth has always been a dangerous place to live, be prepared!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345