Thread: +P HST vs. standard HST

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Let me make a statement, and tell me where Im wrong...strictly speaking of the .45ACP cartridge...even if there is no expansion, you have a huge, heavy 230gr round hitting a target at +P velocity...so you still have a very capable defense round, correct?
    I currently carry a +P load in my G41...but am quite comfortable with standard pressure,btw.
    But it may be in fact less capable than SP along with added recoil, so why bother? I'll take less recoil and improved terminal ballistics any day all day. Unless the projectile specifically designed for +p, you'll tend to get similar terminal ballistics with more recoil or even poorer terminal ballistics with more recoil.

Call me crazy, but I'm not seeing the value of the +p unless I see testing on that specific bullet, and or using in specific circumstances, such as a short barrel to get SP velocity
    Last edited by WillBrink; 04-28-17 at 09:04.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”