Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: fixed blade help

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    My favorite 3-4" fixed blade is my gryptoillian...

Ok, it's a folder, and I'm sure if I tried very hard I could break it. But I'd put it up with many of the fixed blades on durability, the lock is that strong. It'd take a full tang to beat it.

The esse 3 and 4 have a thinner blade than the 5, if I recall. And are accordingly a bit lighter.

Feedback Score
    I alternate between an Izula with G10 grips and a Spyderco Lightweight Street Beat.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I like the Bark River Gunny, but they have several other knives that would be a good EDC. They are all high quality.

http://www.barkriverknives.com/index/gunny/

Feedback Score
    I've EDC'd an Izula II for a couple years. I use the OEM sheath attached to a Tek Lok and carried just behind my right hip. It hides behind and blends the butt of my EDC pistol into something neither gun nor knife shaped under my shirt. IMHO it's a great little knife. I've field dressed deer, fixed dinner, cut a really tough steak at a restaurant, carved wood items and shaved fire starter sticks with it. It's not a "tactical/combat/fighting knife" but probably would work of you needed a pointy object.

I used it for a while with the handle wrapped in 550 cord instead of the scales and that was actually pretty nice. I've gone back to the scales because I can't decide which I like better. I may just have to buy a 2nd knife to have it both ways.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Everyones already said it, an ESEE Izula. Just watch for counterfeits if buying online.

Feedback Score
    If you seek a knife for self defense, the RAT package and trainer from warriorswaytx is excellent. I've gone through numerous knives and nothing is comparable to this for me. It is not a utility/slice your sandwich knife; it is a weapon system in itself.

Feedback Score
    I carry both my Izulu and Street Beat in off side back pocket behind wallet. Works well for me.

Feedback Score
    I'd suggest that you consider the Ka Bar Becker Necker and/or the esse izula

Or their offspring, the eskabar

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I like the RAT design. Thanks for all the help, some pretty good choices

Feedback Score
    Here are two that I carry alot. Both are 3" (or close!) blades & conceal easily, if need be.

Bark River Woodland

Bradford Guardian 3
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast