Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: McAfee offers "World's first truly private smartphone" (**NSFW**)

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    You joke...
    Is that really a thing?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    ...Russell Tice knows more about it than I do but...

http://www.krannert.purdue.edu/acade...ac2_100606.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Is that really a thing?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    You joke...
    In all honesty I meant to /sarc that shizz, but that bitter irony bit me...it was a joke, but the too close to being true to be funny.

Sorry for the buzz kill...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Smartphone?!

Hell, I just wished my remote would stop spying on me (Amazon Fire stick with the Alexa voice remote) and I don't even use the ****'n voice app on it.

I tried an experiment, I told my wife while we were in the living room that we really should take a trip to XYZ country *wink*wink*. In reality I have no interested of ever visiting XYZ country. Low and behold my social media and email gets data mined ads for XYZ country. Never once Googled said country much less ever purchased anything pertaining to it via a CC.

We're so over the barrel and have been for a LOOOOOOOOONG TIME . . .
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 04-26-17 at 04:44.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Meh. It is what it is. Maybe the machines will keep us around...

...as pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Co-gnARR View Post
    In all honesty I meant to /sarc that shizz, but that bitter irony bit me...it was a joke, but the too close to being true to be funny.

Sorry for the buzz kill...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    A fool and his money... my guess is they are going to try some VOIP nonsense being routed to their network. The issue with that it their network now becomes a easy target.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Smartphone?!

Hell, I just wished my remote would stop spying on me (Amazon Fire stick with the Alexa voice remote) and I don't even use the ****'n voice app on it.

I tried an experiment, I told my wife while we were in the living room that we really should take a trip to XYZ country *wink*wink*. In reality I have no interested of ever visiting XYZ country. Low and behold my social media and email gets data mined ads for XYZ country. Never once Googled said country much less ever purchased anything pertaining to it via a CC.

We're so over the barrel and have been for a LOOOOOOOOONG TIME . . .
    This happens all the time. At first I thought it was a coincidence then is started getting creepy. For example; the wife and I are in the car discussing X topic. We are unsure of the right answer. Of coarse, the passenger goes to look it up on Google. As soon as we type the first letter of the first word of the questions, the whole thing comes up in the suggested search. WTF!

Or when I used to get in the car in the morning and my phone would light up telling me how long the trip to work would be. On Friday nights I would get into my car and my phone would light up telling me how long the ride to the place where I play hockey would be. Come on!

We are so screwed.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Meh. It is what it is. Maybe the machines will keep us around...

...as pets.
    The singularity just needs to happen already.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This isn't new or original. Blackphone's been doing the secure smartphone thing for a few years already. I'm fuzzy on the specifics, but it uses proprietary voip servers and vpn's for secure communications.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I vote against the Singularity.

"The machine neither loves you, nor hates you; it simply has more efficient uses for the atoms you're composed of." -Yudkowsky

Quote Originally Posted by Co-gnARR View Post
    The singularity just needs to happen already.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast