Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: McAfee offers "World's first truly private smartphone" (**NSFW**)

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    I vote against the Singularity.

"The machine neither loves you, nor hates you; it simply has more efficient uses for the atoms you're composed of." -Yudkowsky
    Again, a bitter sarcasm that maybe didn't translate. But once it happens, at least that part is over with. Enough with the dreaded anticipation already

Feedback Score
    maybe he can do a show where he goes down to Belize to show us how safe it is

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    maybe he can do a show where he goes down to Belize to show us how safe it is
    That's it. It must be posted, quite possibly the best vid on YT. For those who have not seen it: NSFW:

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    This isn't new or original. Blackphone's been doing the secure smartphone thing for a few years already. I'm fuzzy on the specifics, but it uses proprietary voip servers and vpn's for secure communications.
    They are good. Not bulletproof, but quite good.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Meh. It is what it is. Maybe the machines will keep us around...

...as pets.

"In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    This happens all the time. At first I thought it was a coincidence then is started getting creepy. For example; the wife and I are in the car discussing X topic. We are unsure of the right answer. Of coarse, the passenger goes to look it up on Google. As soon as we type the first letter of the first word of the questions, the whole thing comes up in the suggested search. WTF!

Or when I used to get in the car in the morning and my phone would light up telling me how long the trip to work would be. On Friday nights I would get into my car and my phone would light up telling me how long the ride to the place where I play hockey would be. Come on!

We are so screwed.

I have had a few Mandela effect-esque style moments when it has come to searches. I've had more than a few where I wanted to look up something that I was thinking about and the first letter or two pulled up the exact f'n thing with out me saying a word.

Bastards.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 04-27-17 at 05:51.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Way out of my lane, but I had thought things like end to end encryption and other methods done by people who know their chit (and JM is the LAV of dudes who know their chit in that realm) would make for a level of security no seen in phones used today. I'll be interested to see how that goes and may grab a few shares for chit and giggles should it pop.
    The phone itself I'm sure will be quite secure for the most part. I'm no expert in the field of cyber security but I'm not convinced that whatever data transmitted via a telecomm network is secure while on the network. Plus, where is the phone made and by whom? Do we really trust the government of some countries(China) not to try and sneak in some kind of back door access code?
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    The phone itself I'm sure will be quite secure for the most part. I'm no expert in the field of cyber security but I'm not convinced that whatever data transmitted via a telecomm network is secure while on the network. Plus, where is the phone made and by whom? Do we really trust the government of some countries(China) not to try and sneak in some kind of back door access code?
    Above my pay grade but those were all issues he was addressing during the whole Imac/FBI fiasco. If there's anyone who could produce such a phone damn near impossible (I refuse to believe anything is 100% un breakable) to hack, he'd be the guy.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Beat me to the punch! I was going to link that, then thought, meh...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Nevermind....
    Last edited by Co-gnARR; 04-27-17 at 20:40.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast