Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NYPD Gun Permit Bribery Scandal

Feedback Score

NYPD Gun Permit Bribery Scandal

http://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/feds...bribe-scandal/

NEW YORK -- A former New York City police lieutenant, two former police officers and a lawyer who once worked as a prosecutor were arrested in a federal gun licensing probe Tuesday as authorities described a scam in which police employees traded speedy handling of gun permits for paid vacations, jewelry, catered parties, cash and visits to strip clubs.
    Gotta love it. Too bad most citizens of that cesspool of a city don't believe they should be allowed to carry or own firearms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post

Gotta love it. Too bad most citizens of that cesspool of a city don't believe they should be allowed to carry or own firearms.

I cannot for a second believe the paragons of purity who oversaw discretionary issuance of handgun permits would abuse their authority! It must be a conspiracy!
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Follow-the-money! Hopefully they will publish a list the lawyers clients.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    I cannot for a second believe the paragons of purity who oversaw discretionary issuance of handgun permits would abuse their authority! It must be a conspiracy!
    Well they were all charged with conspiracy...lol

If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    Hopefully they will publish a list the lawyers clients.
    Why? They just wanted to carry legally and played the game by the rules the refs established. Plus one of the articles I read said all the licenses issued by that group were suspended.

-Fjallhrafn

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I wonder why they omitted they Orthodox Jewish angle that operated the bribery ring that enabled them to get full carry licenses for there politically connected friends.
    http://nypost.com/2016/05/02/nypd-hu...ruption-probe/
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post

Showing once again, gun laws are by their nature and intent, elitist and racist. Got the $ and or the mojo, you have a gun legally. Or, you obtain it illegally. Meanwhile, the law abiding hard working people out there are left to fend for themselves.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm stymied. Can someone explain the actual difference between this and the interactions between lobbyists and our elected officials?

(rhetorical question)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Showing once again, gun laws are by their nature and intent, elitist and racist. Got the $ and or the mojo, you have a gun legally. Or, you obtain it illegally. Meanwhile, the law abiding hard working people out there are left to fend for themselves.
    Spot on.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Good question. One is to influence laws PRIOR to them being passed. The other is to circumvent a law already in place. Bottom line. Money talks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast