Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leupold LTO, Thermal Tracker

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Leupold LTO, Thermal Tracker

Leupold LTO
    Thermal Tracker
    Anybody else see this? Wonder if it can be put into a Larue mount and shot behind an aim point? (like the 3x) Would it even pick up the aim point dot?

https://www.leupold.com/hunting-shoo...o/lto-tracker/

Feedback Score
    The thermal would have to go in front of the aimpoint to see the aimpoint dot because the thermal is just a digital screen. I do not see where this model is designed to take weapons shock. its using a Seek thermal digital core according to the specs given.
    I am the military products manager for Lasermax

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by krm375 View Post
    Leupold LTO
    Thermal Tracker
    Anybody else see this? Wonder if it can be put into a Larue mount and shot behind an aim point? (like the 3x) Would it even pick up the aim point dot?

Quote Originally Posted by Leupold Q&A

Leupold Technical Service
    · 2 days ago
    Hello;

Leupold does not recommend a mounting solution for the LTO-Tracker thermal viewer as this device is not intended for mounting on a firearm.

Regards
    Makes me sad, its not that expensive really

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by krm375 View Post
    Leupold LTO
    Thermal Tracker

"Leupold does not recommend a mounting solution for the LTO-Tracker thermal viewer as this device is not intended for mounting on a firearm."
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    Also keep in mind thermals can't see through glass so there's nothing you could put in front of any thermal anyway. That's why the lenses for thermals are made from metals like germanium. They pass the longer wavelengths of thermal just fine even though our eyes can't see through them. Nice to see the price coming down to where us mortals can afford it. That kind of performance used to be multiple thousands of dollars.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    "Leupold does not recommend a mounting solution for the LTO-Tracker thermal viewer as this device is not intended for mounting on a firearm."
    head mount on left eye and let your brain do the overlay? Mike make passable hunting setup that way....

ETA

Any idea what the refresh rate is? Prior small inexpensive thermal imagers have had crap for refresh rates...
    Last edited by nova3930; 10-28-16 at 12:49.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hochsitz View Post
    Also keep in mind thermals can't see through glass so there's nothing you could put in front of any thermal anyway. That's why the lenses for thermals are made from metals like germanium. They pass the longer wavelengths of thermal just fine even though our eyes can't see through them. Nice to see the price coming down to where us mortals can afford it. That kind of performance used to be multiple thousands of dollars.
    Quote Originally Posted by nova3930 View Post
    head mount on left eye and let your brain do the overlay? Mike make passable hunting setup that way....

ETA

Any idea what the refresh rate is? Prior small inexpensive thermal imagers have had crap for refresh rates...
    Pure speculation here, but I am thinking this will be something like the difference of 1st gen vs 3rd gen NV. This new device representing 1st gen (I am thinking based upon the listed resolution spec) and the expensive $6k stuff being 3rd gen.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Still it has my interest based on compactness and price point.

I can see where it could be useful.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by soulezoo View Post
    Still it has my interest based on compactness and price point.

I can see where it could be useful.
    Heading to and from the blind, and tracking/finding wounded game.

Nothing sucks worse that a twilight shot than turned into a "where is that damn deer?" night land nav exercise.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by soulezoo View Post
    Pure speculation here, but I am thinking this will be something like the difference of 1st gen vs 3rd gen NV. This new device representing 1st gen (I am thinking based upon the listed resolution spec) and the expensive $6k stuff being 3rd gen.
    probably right. prior units I saw had like a 9hz refresh. way to low for much of anything. if they were even at 15hz it would increase the utility significantly. at that rate I'd snag one for spotting coyotes off my deck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast