Thread: Why did I win this auction?

Feedback Score

Why did I win this auction?

Hello All,

I made what I considered to be a low-ball bid on a 26" Remington 700 Police in 300 Win Mag then won the auction. My bid was $761. The cheapest I've seen this rifle for sale is $929 on Buds, but the average price seems to be just south of $1000.

They say it's a display model, but I don't think that accounts for the low price. I've never known anyone to get a deal on GunBroker, so I think I must have missed something.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

JRC

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Two Gunbroker stories:

1 - First HK pistol I ever bought was a low offer that was never going to win. I won. I got in trouble with the boss and she always brings up the time I "accidentally" won some German pistol.

2 - Recently bought a part that was not marked as clearly as it should be, got it for $196, whereas it normally sells for $360-$499.

You got lucky. Now get that thing threaded and shoot it suppressed!

Feedback Score
    Potentially there could be some dings and scratches ... I can't get to the listing at work ... but yeah, sometimes things just get overlooked and someone like you benefits.
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrcii View Post
    Hello All,

I made what I considered to be a low-ball bid on a 26" Remington 700 Police in 300 Win Mag then won the auction. My bid was $761. The cheapest I've seen this rifle for sale is $929 on Buds, but the average price seems to be just south of $1000.

They say it's a display model, but I don't think that accounts for the low price. I've never known anyone to get a deal on GunBroker, so I think I must have missed something.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

JRC
    Looks good to me. Nice score!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    Two Gunbroker stories:

1 - First HK pistol I ever bought was a low offer that was never going to win. I won. I got in trouble with the boss and she always brings up the time I "accidentally" won some German pistol.

2 - Recently bought a part that was not marked as clearly as it should be, got it for $196, whereas it normally sells for $360-$499.

You got lucky. Now get that thing threaded and shoot it suppressed!
    That's the plan, but I've been waiting since 7/14/2016 for my Omega

JRC

Feedback Score
    So, it looks like I just got lucky.

Thank you to everyone for taking a look for me.

JRC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hey if your feeling guilty then please let me shoulder the pain and suffering for you...just tell me where to send payment!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Sometimes, every now and then, you get lucky. Congrats on the new rifle, get some glass on that beast and hit the range.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    This thread is about an auction that ended a year ago.