Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Criterion 223 Wylde Reliability

Feedback Score
    I find it interesting that you assumed a chrome lined barrel would be insanely accurate. Long life I would understand but many people who look at the criterion hybrid would write off the fact that it was chrome lined as a negative in the accuracy department. I have found it to be a great shooter for the barrel profile and by all accounts that I have heard the accuracy profile stays pretty tight over the course of thousands of rounds.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nickforney View Post
    I find it interesting that you assumed a chrome lined barrel would be insanely accurate. Long life I would understand but many people who look at the criterion hybrid would write off the fact that it was chrome lined as a negative in the accuracy department. I have found it to be a great shooter for the barrel profile and by all accounts that I have heard the accuracy profile stays pretty tight over the course of thousands of rounds.
    You must not have read any of Molon's barrel accuracy posts, especially the Socom contour Colt 14.5" barrel.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    US ARMY, Retired
    INFANTRY, SNIPER SCHOOL, MACHINE GUN LEADER'S COURSE, COMPANY MASTER GUNNER, UNIT ARMORER, AIR ASSAULT
    OIF DEC 03-FEB 04, SEP 05-SEP 06, SEP 07-NOV 08
    OEF FEB 10-FEB 11

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter. -- Ernest Hemingway

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChoppinFatTony View Post
    You must not have read any of Molon's barrel accuracy posts, especially the Socom contour Colt 14.5" barrel.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    I have read all of davids work and traded Emails with him while trying to nail down what we wanted to do with our own testing. When molon shows the accuracy potential before every test he does not go back to a chrome lined barrel. He shows with either a Krieger or a lothar. Of the set of barrels that he fired the colt with his hand loaded 55 blitz's definitely performed but I was simply stating that as a general rule assuming a chrome lined barrel would be "insanely accurate" goes against what most people would assume.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickforney View Post
    Thanks again for doing your test. Any chance of adding a stainless steel match barrel to the test to see just how much accuracy you are giving up when going to a chrome lined? My hunch would be that you are giving up alot less than one would believe if using a high quality chrome barrel. Maybe Nathan can send you a barrel as well, I'm curious how a gunner would stack up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JG007 View Post
    aren't they all 4150 now?
    That would be awesome; you got a source on that?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Thanks again for doing your test. Any chance of adding a stainless steel match barrel to the test to see just how much accuracy you are giving up when going to a chrome lined? My hunch would be that you are giving up alot less than one would believe if using a high quality chrome barrel. Maybe Nathan can send you a barrel as well, I'm curious how a gunner would stack up.
    I think Im going to shake up the way I test in the future. For basic ammo tests like I am doing now with the 50 grain category testing I would love to compare a 10.5, 16, and 24. I don't really care to have a pair of semi light weights being compared as it eats up ammo. I might consider throwing in an 18 as well. I have talked to Ryan about building 3 light weight guns which will likely be Faxon DD and something else. Instead of comparing 10 different loads we hope to test maybe 3. The concept was maybe xm193 or a 193 clone, federal gold medal match 77s and a 69 grain round. If we can up the round count we should get a better idea of what we are looking for. As far as the SS match barrel I have already included a 24 inch krieger in the testing for now. I have an LW50 barrel in 16 inch that I really like that I could test as well but the BA Hanson barrel was SS and the larue barrel isn't advertised. I don't know if it is actually listed anywhere if there is or is not a coating at all on the larue predatar line. I have a stainless WOA barrel but to be honest I think I have a lemon there as it is a shit shooter. I live just down the road from satern barrels and I have been meaning to add one of them to my stable so it is really just a matter of getting one on the gun with a bigger piece of glass and group time in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12