Thread: Recommendation for threading barrel

Feedback Score

Recommendation for threading barrel

Hello,

I need to have a Remington 700 barrel threaded. There are a few places around here that can do it (Rainier Arms and West Coast Armory), but I wanted to ask around for recommendations.

Thanks,

JRC

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    ADCO

You have any precision rifle builders in your area? Muzzle threading is pretty easy and all of the builders should be able to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Are you looking to install a brake or are you looking for a suppressor mount? If you're going the suppressor route i'd recommend one of the more reputable guys (ADCO, Rainier) as they will thread concentric to the bore. I would also contact the suppressor mfg and see if they have any particular threading requirements.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 04-26-17 at 17:01.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I used this guy named Morgan Richey to do my M&P15-22. He did not need to remove the barrel from the upper to accomplish it, which saved me big bucks over ADCO. I don't have the special M&P15-22 tool to remove the barrel.

Facebook Page:
    https://www.facebook.com/barrelthreading/

Email:
    morgan@dallasshootingsupplies.com

http://class3machining.com/

EDIT: To be clear, I heard about him on TOS and he seemed highly regarded. I don't know the guy, not affiliated, etc. I plan to send him a G17L barrel shortly to thread for a G34.

EDIT EDIT: Man, I hate to pile on. But some guy decided to make the "K" part of his Dead Air Ghost into a Form 1 suppressor. Morgan made the custom mount. Kinda cool...
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...pact-silencer/
    Last edited by Rayrevolver; 04-26-17 at 18:07.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrcii View Post
    Hello,

I need to have a Remington 700 barrel threaded. There are a few places around here that can do it (Rainier Arms and West Coast Armory), but I wanted to ask around for recommendations.

Thanks,

JRC
    If it's really important that it is perfect, I only send my bolt gun barrels to GAP. Some others such as Mile High or Sothern Precision rifles also do good work. They all can time your muzzle break or suppressor mount to the shoulder, without the use of shims while your at it.

Plenty of other outfits out there that are capable to do the same quality work, but the 3 I mentioned above I have personal experience with and recommend.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 04-26-17 at 19:11.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    I had GAP thread the barrel on my bolt gun, but for my 9mm SBR build I had ADCO cut and thread the barrel..Great job done by both.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    thanks for the advice -- i need to get this done on my 6.5 as well

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've used ADCO and class 3 machining. I've had good service from both. Class 3 seems to be a bit faster and is willing to thread about anything. He recently did my cz 452 lux, which required milling back the front sight.