Thread: SilencerCo ASR Muzzle Break on 300 Win Mag

Feedback Score

SilencerCo ASR Muzzle Break on 300 Win Mag

Hello All,

I want to use a SilencerCo Omega (which should be out of jail in the next few weeks) with my new Remington 700 in 300 Win Mag. My question is about the ASR break that you can mount the Omega on.

I want to use a break on the rifle, but I want one that works Have any of you used this break on a 300 WM? What were the results?

Thanks,

JRC

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Can't believe this went unanswered for so long. Anyway, I have one on my R700 Long Range in 7mm Rem Mag which is somewhat comparable I would say. I shot the first 50 rounds without a brake then had the barrel threaded. The difference to me was night and day. The brake made the recoil very manageable and really controlled the muzzle rise.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I use an ASR brake on a 6.5 creedmoor and it works well.

I can only imagine it will work better with the larger calibers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have an ASR brake on my 300WM as well. It makes the rifle quite pleasant to shoot.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    With the ASR on my 6.5 I can spot hits as close as 200-300 yards with good form behind the rifle. Before, I had to get to 500ish before I could spot my own hits.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OrbitalE View Post
    With the ASR on my 6.5 I can spot hits as close as 200-300 yards with good form behind the rifle. Before, I had to get to 500ish before I could spot my own hits.
    I can do this as well and replicate it pretty often.

I had a 3 port brake from Ross Schuler on my last rifle and the ASR is more effective.

I will say the Little Bastard brake is the most effective brake I have personally shot. It gets is name honestly though and rattles your teeth when you shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I'd have gone with the APA if I wasn't mounting my SpecWar. The ASR is nasty enough...I was asked to use my suppressor last class I went to, but when I get out to the matches those fellas have some truly nasty brakes.