Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best "Final Episode" Of A Good TV Show...

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    A good one because you can read what you want into it. I think they lived. We came into their lives and went out of their lives- our watching them has no bearing on their 'reality'.
    That's what I wanted to believe too. But I was talked out of it. As I watched it agian the resteraunt was filled with hit men from previous episodes. But you're right we can all make our own decisions. That's what I liked about it.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 04-27-17 at 12:11.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    That's what I wanted to believe too. But I was talked out of it. As I watched it agian the resteraunt was filled with hit men from previous episodes. But you're right we can all make our own decisions. That's what I liked about it.
    It was a solid ending, and probably the best way that show could have ended. I believe the creator confirmed a few years ago that they did end up living.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Breaking Bad, no question in my mind.

And Justified. That wasn't really emotionally stimulating, but it was a very nice, tidy wrap-up of the series. Givens' change of hat was a very subtle and very clever touch.
    I agree on both of these as well. they dug coal together. Great dynamic for a good guy and a bad guy in a series.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    MASH. I believe it still holds the record for series finale viewership.
    I think so too. Best ending ever.

Star Trek the Next Generation's finale was decent.

Babylon Five's fourth season finale should have been the end, and would have been great if they had left it alone and not tried to do a fifth season.

Jericho was abruptly canceled, but the fan outcry was so great they went back and filmed some episodes to wrap up the dangling story line, but left it open for more episodes or a theatrical movie. It was a "good enough" ending for a TV show that left fans crying out after the cancellation. Too bad it couldn't go on.

Even though I wasn't a fan of Newhart, that has to be the cleverest ending in TV history!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    B5's 4th season finale was pretty good. Too bad they renewed it for a 5th season.

DS9 had a good series finale, but it's kind of cheating because it's a 7-part episode.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    Hands down, Newhart.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I found this link in a thread here on M4C.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-Sopranos-Fans
    https://youtu.be/PjviymV08c8h

MASH and Cheers were great too. I need to re watch Newheart. I don't think I I saw the final episode.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    M*A*S*H

Seinfeld
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Holiday View Post
    M*A*S*H

Seinfeld
    Best: MASH, Breaking Bad, Chears, Justified
    Worst: The Sopranos, ER

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Six Feet Under

/me poured a little from my forty...

If I remember correctly, my response to the Seinfeld Finale was "now that's just stupid..."

I loved The Sopranos but thought it was kinda effed-up that no one got popped in the finale...or at least something close to it.

Someone mentioned The Simpsons. A finale?To the Simpsons? Sacrilege.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Proud Son of a former Tomb Guard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast