Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Try This if you have Diabetic Neuropathy (Tingling Feet)

Feedback Score

Try This if you have Diabetic Neuropathy (Tingling Feet)

We discuss supplements on this forum and often it's debatable if a supplement really does anything or not.

I will tell you of one supplement that absolutely cures diabetic neuropathy. Kills it. Annihilates it.

It takes time. Months even. You may have to adjust the dose to your body. But you will be pleased.

I'm talking Magnesium Citrate.

Do NOT confuse it with Magnesium Oxide. Magnesium oxide is poorly absorbed. It causes loose bowel movements (please don't ask me how I know).

Make sure you take Magnesium CITRATE.

I have taken it twice a day for about a year now, and not only do I not suffer from diabetic neuropathy anymore, I'm actually beginning to get the normal feeling back in my feet.

Supposedly Magnesium works best with Vitamin D3, and I do take the two together. I take 5,000 IU of D3 once a day, and 200 mg of Magnesium Citrate twice a day. Once again, you may have to adjust the dose to your body, but definitely try it!

I think diabetes may in fact be an undiscovered symptom of Magnesium and Vitamin D deficiency.

I'm not a nutritionist, but I have a pet theory that diabetes is caused by lack of sunlight. Modern people spend most of their time indoors (me included, even at the ranch!), whereas our ancestors were outside most of the time.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 04-27-17 at 13:50.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Thank you for this. I will try this...I went undiagnosed with Type 2 diabetes for many years because I didn't want to go to the doc despite experiencing classic s/s of the disease. Although I'm doing well (can always be better) with oral meds, diet, and exercise, my feet are a constant, never ending, nightmare of tingling, pins-and-needles, etc. The neuropathy is so bad that I have trouble getting to sleep sometimes and my balance is affected. Although I've tried a couple of off-label prescription treatments, the juice wasn't worth the squeeze when dealing with the associated side effects of those drugs.

So, yeah, I'll give this a long-term shot even when/if someone comes on here and pronounces it snake oil. I'm not familiar with this one, but it's worth a shot.

Thanks for the info.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -- Will Rogers

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by afff_667 View Post
    Thank you for this. I will try this...I went undiagnosed with Type 2 diabetes for many years because I didn't want to go to the doc despite experiencing classic s/s of the disease. Although I'm doing well (can always be better) with oral meds, diet, and exercise, my feet are a constant, never ending, nightmare of tingling, pins-and-needles, etc. The neuropathy is so bad that I have trouble getting to sleep sometimes and my balance is affected. Although I've tried a couple of off-label prescription treatments, the juice wasn't worth the squeeze when dealing with the associated side effects of those drugs.

So, yeah, I'll give this a long-term shot even when/if someone comes on here and pronounces it snake oil. I'm not familiar with this one, but it's worth a shot.

Thanks for the info.
    See LEF protocol for diabetic related neuropathy:

http://www.lifeextension.com/Protoco...opathy/Page-01
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by afff_667 View Post

Thanks for the info.
    Glad I could help. If someone discovered a cure for something I'd certainly want to know about it.

DO US A FAVOR: COME BACK IN A FEW MONTHS AND TELL US HOW IT WORKED FOR YOU, WHAT DOSE YOU TOOK, HOW LONG YOU TOOK IT, ETC.

My only disclaimer is that I take a lot of things (like Pycnogenol) that I'm sure Will Brink will pronounce worthless, but I stand by my statement that my feet were in constant agony like yours until I started taking Magnesium Citrate.

I will also say that when I was travelling and didn't take quite my normal dose for a few days, the tingling returned but at a very minimal level. I upped the dose for a few days after that and the symptoms were gone again.

That to me reinforces that it's actually the Magnesium doing the job rather than the "mix" of different stuff I take. Once again, supposedly vitamin D3 makes the Magnesium work better, and I won't argue that point. All I know is that when I started taking Magnesium Citrate I noticed a gradual easing of the needles and pins feeling in my feet, followed by mild numbness in areas of the bottoms of my feet, followed by my current condition which is the feeling gradually coming back into my feet. I'm betting in another few months my feet will feel 100% normal, assuming there was no permanent nerve damage.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 04-27-17 at 14:56.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    See LEF protocol for diabetic related neuropathy:

http://www.lifeextension.com/Protoco...opathy/Page-01
    A clinical trial also found that 500 mg of oral magnesium supplementation daily for 5 years slowed the progression of diabetic neuropathy in humans (De Leeuw 2004). Zinc has also shown promise as a treatment for diabetic neuropathy. Clinical studies have found that zinc supplementation helps improve glycemic control and also reduces the severity of diabetic neuropathy (Jayawardena 2012; Gupta 1998; Hayee 2005). Finally, a clinical study found that supplementation with micronutrients, including zinc and magnesium, together with vitamins C and E, with or without vitamins from the B group, for 4 months improved signs of diabetic neuropathy (Farvid 2011).

I currently only take Zinc occasionally, but sounds like it might be of benefit. I'm thinking I get the other things from food.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    I currently only take Zinc occasionally, but sounds like it might be of benefit. I'm thinking I get the other things from food.
    It's very difficult to damn near impossible to get the doses used in clinical studies from food alone. Look at the doses used that found benefits, look for foods that contain them, calculate how much you'd need to eat to get that dose... Way easier to pop the dang pill, which is no on way advising people to not follow a healthy nutrition plan. In my view, they go hand in hand and no vite pill can replace (hence why they are called "supplements" ) good nutrition.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    It's very difficult to damn near impossible to get the doses used in clinical studies from food alone. Look at the doses used that found benefits, look for foods that contain them, calculate how much you'd need to eat to get that dose... Way easier to pop the dang pill, which is no on way advising people to not follow a healthy nutrition plan. In my view, they go hand in hand and no vite pill can replace (hence why they are called "supplements" ) good nutrition.
    And do NOT overdose on the Zinc, either. I never take more than 50 mg's a day.

During my early days of supplementation, I popped Zinc pills like M & M's. I ended up nauseous, lightheaded, unable to hold any food down. Yep. I read up on the symptoms of Zinc overdose and they hit me to a 'T'.

From then on I watched my doses.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    And do NOT overdose on the Zinc, either. I never take more than 50 mg's a day.

During my early days of supplementation, I popped Zinc pills like M & M's. I ended up nauseous, lightheaded, unable to hold any food down. Yep. I read up on the symptoms of Zinc overdose and they hit me to a 'T'.

From then on I watched my doses.
    As with all things, the dose makes the poison, and doing the research to know what's too little, what's therapeutic, and what's potentially too much, is the issue. I wouldn't recommend anyone "I popped Zinc pills like M & M's" and there's no data to support doing so, other than very short period of time during the early onset of a viral infection/cold. Which again factors in the 3Ds: dose, drug, duration.

There's risk to benefit in every choice we make and smart choices reduces risk and increases benefits. Sounds like you went from one extreme to another with zinc.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    As with all things, the dose makes the poison, and doing the research to know what's too little, what's therapeutic, and what's potentially too much, is the issue. I wouldn't recommend anyone "I popped Zinc pills like M & M's" and there's no data to support doing so, other than very short period of time during the early onset of a viral infection/cold. Which again factors in the 3Ds: dose, drug, duration.

There's risk to benefit in every choice we make and smart choices reduces risk and increases benefits. Sounds like you went from one extreme to another with zinc.
    In my college days I believed "more is better". I took the Stresstabs brand and was convinced it helped me stay awake for long study and party sessions. I wasn't educated in supplementation enough to know or care that dosage mattered (Hell, I didn't watch my doses of beer; why would I care about doses of vitamins?).

Only later did I start to realize that taking supplements is like reloading ammunition--enough is enough and too much is dangerous.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    In my college days I believed "more is better". I took the Stresstabs brand and was convinced it helped me stay awake for long study and party sessions. I wasn't educated in supplementation enough to know or care that dosage mattered (Hell, I didn't watch my doses of beer; why would I care about doses of vitamins?).

Only later did I start to realize that taking supplements is like reloading ammunition--enough is enough and too much is dangerous.
    When we're dumb kids, more is better is the mantra until you learn that aint always the case...
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast