Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Try This if you have Diabetic Neuropathy (Tingling Feet)

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    Glad I could help. If someone discovered a cure for something I'd certainly want to know about it.

DO US A FAVOR: COME BACK IN A FEW MONTHS AND TELL US HOW IT WORKED FOR YOU, WHAT DOSE YOU TOOK, HOW LONG YOU TOOK IT, ETC.
    Got started with the magnesium citrate/D3 combo this week and will come back in two to three months with a report.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -- Will Rogers

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by afff_667 View Post
    Got started with the magnesium citrate/D3 combo this week and will come back in two to three months with a report.
    Sounds good. If I remember correctly you should get some mild relief before that. If in 2-3 months you don't notice any difference then you probably need to up the dose. I had to go from one pill a day to two because the initial benefit wasn't good enough. I've been taking it for about a year now and only in the last couple-three months have I noticed a dramatic difference.

Feedback Score
    I looked it up and it's primary use is its a laxative. Are you trying to make a joke?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    As with all things, the dose makes the poison ...
    Well said! I work in biotech and have helped launch many life saving (Herceptin) and quality of life improving drugs through the years, but we always ask our new employees at orientation training "What's the difference between a drug and a poison?"

The answer? ... dose

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty223 View Post
    Well said! I work in biotech and have helped launch many life saving (Herceptin) and quality of life improving drugs through the years, but we always ask our new employees at orientation training "What's the difference between a drug and a poison?"

The answer? ... dose
    Three Ds always applies: Drug, Dose, Duration
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnt43 View Post
    I looked it up and it's primary use is its a laxative. Are you trying to make a joke?
    This is why I cautioned to use Magnesium CITRATE, and NOT Magnesium OXIDE. I believe I covered this in one of my posts above. Yes, Magnesium is an ingredient in some laxatives. I have not noticed a laxative effect with Magnesium Citrate.

If anyone does experience problems, do feel free to report it.

I take 200 mg in the morning and 200 before bed. The directions on the bottle say to double that. I have not felt the need to take a full dose.

As with any supplement you take, there may be side effects.

But once again, take Magnesium CITRATE and for the love of Pete do NOT take Magnesium OXIDE or you probably will be in the bathroom a lot.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Have you tried taking Alpha Lipoic Acid for neuropathy? It is my understanding it will deplete some of the B-6 in your system, so you have to take a Vitamin B-6 or B100 complex supplement.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    One week in and I have not experienced any laxative effects. Another note is that I started with a tablet in the morning with the D3 and other meds and a tablet at night along with night time meds. My neuropathy is severe...
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -- Will Rogers

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    This is why I cautioned to use Magnesium CITRATE, and NOT Magnesium OXIDE. I believe I covered this in one of my posts above. Yes, Magnesium is an ingredient in some laxatives. I have not noticed a laxative effect with Magnesium Citrate.

If anyone does experience problems, do feel free to report it.

I take 200 mg in the morning and 200 before bed. The directions on the bottle say to double that. I have not felt the need to take a full dose.

As with any supplement you take, there may be side effects.

But once again, take Magnesium CITRATE and for the love of Pete do NOT take Magnesium OXIDE or you probably will be in the bathroom a lot.
    Since I knew I was going to be near a bathroom most of this weekend I deliberately double-dosed myself yesterday morning. I didn't notice even a small change in my bowel habits as a result. I did notice somewhat of an increase in how much feeling I have in the bottoms of my feet, though.

As stated earlier, the prickly feeling in my feet has been gone for months but I still experience some numbness (which is gradually abating). Since double-dosing yesterday I perceive more feeling in the bottoms of my feet.. I may experiment with increasing the dose at least in the mornings.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 05-30-17 at 11:54.

Feedback Score
    For those of you still following this thread, I'm beginning to investigate Goldenseal (berberine) as a way to attack diabetes from the back end:

https://examine.com/supplements/berberine/

I have yet to take a single dose.

And here's a skeptic of berberine:

http://diabetesupdate.blogspot.com/2...y-well-be.html
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 06-19-17 at 15:29.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast