Page 5 of 163 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your AR(s) today?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Well as my post last night said, I leveled my DMR scope and so today I needed to verify zero. I had to make a small adjustment in azimuth, which I believe was due to the leveling adjustment. This is my first time using calipers so not sure if I'm exactly right. Those of you in central Texas know what the wind was like today too. At the range I measured 8-9 KT constant with gusts up to 15.8 knots, blowing about 15-20 degrees off my lane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Well as my post last night said, I leveled my DMR scope and so today I needed to verify zero. I had to make a small adjustment in azimuth, which I believe was due to the leveling adjustment. This is my first time using calipers so not sure if I'm exactly right. Those of you in central Texas know what the wind was like today too. At the range I measured 8-9 KT constant with gusts up to 15.8 knots, blowing about 15-20 degrees off my lane.

What you're doing works well enough, or you could measure outside to outside which is a little easier to eyeball and subtract one bullet diameter to get center-to-center.

That's a sweet group! What distance?
    NRA RSO
    USPSA RO
    SASS RO-I & RO-II
    Certified Black Powder Artillery (Maryland)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    I didn't have to google, and its not about ARs which is what this thread was supposed to be about.....

Anyway, I pulled out two stripped lowers to assemble this weekend.

And read all 32 pages of the NRA/CRPA lawsuit filed against the AR ban in Commiefornia. First good news here in a long time.

I also did some more research on the Trijicon 1-8X.
    Have a link to the lawsuit?
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post

Robert, that is some awesome shooting. Very impressed. Well done.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Took a Norah handstop and drilled the screw pockets slightly deeper and ground flat the bottom Mlok tabs to make it compatible on a LMT MWS.

Attachment 45359
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Locutus View Post
    What you're doing works well enough, or you could measure outside to outside which is a little easier to eyeball and subtract one bullet diameter to get center-to-center.

That's a sweet group! What distance?
    100 yards. I had planned on going out to 400 but with all the rain the grass was about 3' high in the back 40 in shoot on and I didn't have a clear target. So I ran several 1-5 drills with my primary weapon.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Robert, that is some awesome shooting. Very impressed. Well done.
    Thank you sir! I'm trying.

~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    I put the PRS QD Footman's Loop on my 308 AR and went to the range to try out my new suppressors. 9mm with 3 lug mount for my 9mm AR and then the 30 cal Surefire for the 5.56 and 308 ARs. Had a blast! Guy next to me showed up to try his new Franklin Armory Binary Trigger (shoots on the pull and the release). I got to run a mag through it while he ran mags through mine. Was neat to try even tho I don't think I ever want one. All in all a good day, just took forever to clean them afterwards...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Had my Vortex SPARK AR arrive today, mounted it on my BCM that had an Aimpoing Pro on it. Fits okay and seems like an alright optic for the price, I picked it up on sale at PSA for $139.

I'm still waiting for my EOTech to arrive, after it gets here I want to head to the range and test the three optics out (EO Tech EXPS3-0 w/ G33, Aimpoint PRO, SPARC AR) and see which one's suit me better.
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Took a Norah handstop and drilled the screw pockets slightly deeper and ground flat the bottom Mlok tabs to make it compatible on a LMT MWS.

Attachment 45359
    Thad beautimus right there Brother. Pure dee beautimus.

~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Page 5 of 163 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast