Page 63 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your AR(s) today?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Shot the hell out of it Saturday.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT/556 View Post
    In your opinion, does that mount practically top a similar Geissele in any way?
    Your question is oddly phrased, so I'm not exactly sure what you are looking for. If you are asking about the quality of the Spuhr mounts, there exists a very high level of refinement with Spuhr mounts that I'm not sure I've seen with similar items. I can't say whether that means Spuhr and Geissele achieve the same thing in two different ways, I can't answer.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Last night I picked up a new Mercon Optic (1-6) and mounted it in a Spuhr mount (non-QD). Right now it is living on my Cross Machine and Tool carbine, but no doubt that will change before too long.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    My first outdoors range trip after a long MN winter - a veritable mud pit. Function tested a new 8.3” 300BLK build- no problems with or w/o can. Dialed in a factory repaired 1.5x8 Burris on my .308 AR. also copacetic. And took the Sionic 11.5” SBR out for a spin with new MRO. Unfortunately I forgot to mount a sight on the Glock AR9, but at 7 yds it still grouped decently once I got the hang of it.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Did the rit thing with some pmags for my wifes competition rifle. Turned out better than expected.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    Added a new Troy rail to the colt

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Your question is oddly phrased, so I'm not exactly sure what you are looking for.
    Yes sorry that did read poorly. Basically I was asking if it was better than a similar Geissele. Geissele mounts index on the V of the Pic rail, so return to zero is exceptional. I looked at Spuhr mounts but have never handled one, hence my inquiry.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT/556 View Post
    Yes sorry that did read poorly. Basically I was asking if it was better than a similar Geissele. Geissele mounts index on the V of the Pic rail, so return to zero is exceptional. I looked at Spuhr mounts but have never handled one, hence my inquiry.
    LOL, that is where I thought you were going with it, but wasn't certain. KAC offers a one piece, and has for a very long time which has an exceptional return to zero as well.

I built this up the other day, and a buddy and myself had a chance to burn some caps with it.

Stick

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    LOL, that is where I thought you were going with it, but wasn't certain. KAC offers a one piece, and has for a very long time which has an exceptional return to zero as well.

I built this up the other day, and a buddy and myself had a chance to burn some caps with it.

Awesome shot.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Today I added my new DF Scout to my rifle, which will be rotated to my work rifle next week actually. I also torqued the scope base screws to the proper torque now that I finally ordered a Wheeler wrench instead of just guestimating it. Also got the rest of my pieces in for my AR pistol this week. Now to get it all assembled and wait for G&R to get the upper I want in stock.

Page 63 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast