Thread: Daniel Defense Customer Service

Feedback Score

Daniel Defense Customer Service

The Daniel Defense CS team provided outstanding support, and I wanted to give them a public Thank You.

I recently took my 13 year old DD V2 to a three day AR class in SE Lousiana. My first real AR class and I learned a LOT. One thing I really learned the hard way was the short quad rail wasn’t much protection for a forward grip as I burned my hand a few times. The gun ran flawless so after speaking with a gunsmith in the class, he suggested a longer rail and keeping the gun all DD by buying a DD rail and gas tube and block. I ordered everything from Primary Arms and had it in a few days. I can work on basic stuff, but I asked a friend who is a very knowledgeable builder to help me swap the rails. He came over and try as we might, could not get the barrel nut off the gun, because the nut on the gun was a strange size that would only line up with two of the three points of contact on the wrench, no matter how we tried. I thanked him and the next day brought the upper to a good gunsmith. The gunsmith called me the next day and told me that he could not get the nut off the receiver either, due to the slot pattern and the fact the nut was on the gun so tight (he tried heat and solvent). He said he could cut it off but couldn’t guarantee not messing up the threads. No charge…good guy! He told me to call DD and ask them what to do.

I called DD on Monday and they sent me a link to their warranty page. They said after filling it out, I’d get an email with a UPS label to send the part back. I did, they sent it, I shipped the upper and the new parts to them on Tuesday afternoon when I saw a UPS truck. I received a confirmation on Friday that the part was delivered.

I received an email saying a package was mailed back to me, and the tracking number says I’ll get it on Wednesday. I received another email today. This is the work that was done:

“Your URG shipped out via UPS yesterday, tracking ######. I listed the gunsmith’s findings below.

Replaced barrel and barrel nut. Installed flash hider, rail and gas block. Bore scoped the barrel to assure the alignment of gas block. Checked rail and barrel for alignment. GTG/CC.”

I haven’t seen the work but expect it to be done well.

Like I said, the gun is 13 years old and was running great until I tried to modify it. DD took great care of me at no cost to me. I could not ask for better service.

Just wanted to share…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That’s awesome, am I reading correctly that they gave you a new barre for free?