Page 54 of 163 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your AR(s) today?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I made sure it was lubed and had a good battery in the optic and shot a 3gun. Long range targets were at 320, 300 and 296 yds. I had a dang good time. I highly recommend it. Came in 6th out of 25.

Feedback Score
    Zeroed my swfa 1-4 and Colt Trooper. Sweet combo.

Now I want to start shooting some of those 1/2 and 1/2 and modified navy qual drills with it. Euro’s thread has a lot of drills that I’m looking forward to trying.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Put a law folder on my Bcm 9 inch 300 blackout. May be short lived though. I had to crazy glue a short piece of a zip tie to the button to get it to lock up tight. Bull shit for the money
    Steve

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Shot it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Shot it.
    I'm jealous. I've only got to shoot the rifles I built once. No where to shoot.

However, today I fixed a mushy safety selector. The detent that came w/ the safety selector from BAD had been super worn down despite only dry fire manipulation. Replaced with mil-spec gold detent and viola, crispy.

Also, discovered my buffer tube was wiggle from side to side despite having a staked and torqued castle nut. Took it off and my qd plate tang (it's nitrided steel) sheared the threads. So, it's an issue for tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkstr8 View Post
    I'm jealous. I've only got to shoot the rifles I built once. No where to shoot.

However, today I fixed a mushy safety selector. The detent that came w/ the safety selector from BAD had been super worn down despite only dry fire manipulation. Replaced with mil-spec gold detent and viola, crispy.

Also, discovered my buffer tube was wiggle from side to side despite having a staked and torqued castle nut. Took it off and my qd plate tang (it's nitrided steel) sheared the threads. So, it's an issue for tomorrow.
    Where do you live? Even in Commiefornia where I live there are places to shoot left and right.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Tried not to drool on my 16" 5.56b build while I PMCS'd it and gave the optic a new battery, and researched the HM Defense bolt I'm looking to try out. Told my 16" .300BLK to "hang in there" while I continue to look into muzzle devices (probably just going to go with a standard A2 style bird cage). Continued to weigh the Pro's vs. Con's of getting a Law Tactical adapter for the stock of my Grendel for storage reasons, along with looking into bolt carriers to eventually replace the temporary one with.

Then got an idea for a new build in part from the reading the thread on Magpul D60's and looking into PDW stocks. I so need to find an indoor range in my area so I can shoot year round...
    Our Liberties we prize and our Rights we will defend.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Cool

Ordered an M4 A2 carbine upper from PSA (and one of their A2 carry handles), to complete my Frankenplinker. YES... I already have GREAT BCM rifles (plural) for HD and the like. I was gonna build an XM177 for the helluvit, but got the upper, BCG, handle, and a Strike Industries comp - PLUS shipping - & saved $70 over an A2 XM177 upper with no BCG!

If I DECIDE to go with an optic in the future now, I can. But mainly, I have a ready source of spare parts now, cobbled together in THIS gun.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Cool

Built the lower for it last night while watching Perry Mason.

Hadn't built one of these in 7 years (can't believe it's been THAT long!), but much like Peter Gabriel... I HAVE, "The Touch"...

- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Attached an EMR rail to the barrel nut I tightened before leaving town last weekend. Switched stock Aero trigger for a PSA Enhanced. Clicked upper and lower receivers together to complete my first actual “build,” sans sights/optic.

Page 54 of 163 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast