Page 72 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your AR(s) today?

Feedback Score
    I must’ve got lucky. My BCM lower has a sweet trigger pull with the pnt trigger. Best single stage trigger I’ve had so far.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazyeach View Post
    I must’ve got lucky. My BCM lower has a sweet trigger pull with the pnt trigger. Best single stage trigger I’ve had so far.
    This is my experience as well. Very short smooth takeup, clean break with a positive reset. It's definitely not the lightest pull but that's kind of the nature of the beast with a GI trigger.

I also have an ALG EMS trigger which has smoothed up over a few thousand rounds and still has quite a bit of creep compared to the BCM.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 09-17-18 at 07:44.

Feedback Score
    Polished the creepy OEM 7½ lb. trigger and hammer in my PSA lower and replaced the springs with JP Enterprise enhanced reliability springs. Much smoother pull now @ 5 lbs.

Feedback Score
    I installed an intermediate buffer system on one of my carbines. Went with a BCM RE, Sprinco green spring, A5A2 buffer and a B5 Bravo stock (don't need the storage the B5 enhanced SOPMOD has).

Then I installed the parts that came off the above mentioned carbine on a dedicated rifle lower for my Mk12 clone and AR15A4 uppers. Parts are, rifle RE, Sprinco green spring, rifle buffer (heavier 6.15 oz.) and a Magpul MOE rifle stock.

Last night I swapped the triggers in these two lowers. I put my Sionics enhanced mil-spec trigger in my carbine lower and my Geissele 2 Stage G2S trigger in my rifle lower.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    putting together 1 new lower, swapping parts on 2 older lowers.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Installed a Joe Bob Outfitters ambidextrous safety to my BCM lower, as well as a Sig 516 bolt catch. Took pictures of the safety as parts and installed, which I may also do for others I’m trying out.

Installed Sig 516 bolt catch to Centurion lower, as well as Magpul extended mag release.

Installed a Geissele maritime bolt catch on my SBR lower, to go with the Unlimited Arms/Botach (Norgon copy) ambi mag release. Removed Magpul BAD lever. Looking at purchasing a Radian ambi safety for this one.

Installed Sig 516/M400 ambi mag release, bolt catch, and safety on “my wife’s” pistol lower.

Lost and found again a magazine release spring.

Feedback Score
    This thread is making me feel bad. I don’t have any after market safety levers or mag catches or bad levers or any fancy stuff like that. Y’all do like to tinker!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    This thread is making me feel bad. I don’t have any after market safety levers or mag catches or bad levers or any fancy stuff like that. Y’all do like to tinker!
    I mean.. cheese sandwiches are good too

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    BAD lever isn’t worthless, but it gets in the way.
    All the ambi stuff... yeah, tinkering; it accumulated, and I want to get four guns effectively ambidextrous without paying for a real ambi lower. I’m curious to find what are the best values for these sort of...tinkery...items are. So far, the Sig 516 ambi controls (seem to) work fine, don’t get in the way, and are dirt cheap, relatively speaking.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Y’all do like to tinker!
    As I told a guy I go to church with 'AR's are the equivalent of adult tinker toys.' At the time we were 100 miles from home, in Bennington, KS (pop 672), loafing in a gun shop while our wives were in a Quilting Shop across the street, and he was remarking about the various AR's on the wall. When he asked what pistol I had carried when working I told him 'a Glock' whereupon the lady running the place said 'they are in this case' pointing them out. I wondered over and saw a Glock 19X for as low a price as I've seen, and immediately bought it.

So I haven't done anything with my AR's the last couple days.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 72 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast