Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: New Springfield Armory XD-E coming!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecWired View Post
    A local gun shop had an unpriced display model in a marketing stand featuring a hammer.

Impressions:

I really like the economics of the pistol. The shape of the grip is the best of the XD line by far.

The safety is easy to manipulate with nice tactile clicks.

The XDe is quite thin and diminutive but it's not a pocket pistol.

I tried a XDs mag and it wouldn't seat. It was a capacity issue. Minimum capacity of the XDs is 7 rounds. It's 8 with the XDe.

The DA pull is long. Like really long and heavy.

The SA is light but the reset is also very long.

Not sure if this was just an issue with display model but the mag release didn't have much return spring tension. And mags lacked a real positive click when seated.

The slide didn't feel especially easy to rack. It was just normal in my book.

Overall, seems like a nice endeavor. Not sure I'm sold either.
    I know that the slide pull is less because my wife easily racked it. :-)

DA pull is between 10-12 (less that SIG 's).

No idea on the mag issues. I never saw that at the media day.

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Other than price, how would this XD-E compare to a Sig 239?
    Narrower and almost 5oz lighter. For carry that makes a difference to me. The p239 is full size gun weight. I also think it hits a couple different markets. Cocked and locked carry if wanted. Some people do not like the decocker on sigs and hit the slide stop preventing slide lock. I do nkt know if this is a issue with the xd-e. There are also a lot of people who still will not buy a new sig. I think if you are a big time p239 guy you might not like Springfields offering.

When is the actual release date on this motha?

Feedback Score
    Anyone compared one to a 9-Shield, please chime in. It's going to be another week or so before I'm back CONUS and can check one out... IF I can find one.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    Anyone compared one to a 9-Shield, please chime in. It's going to be another week or so before I'm back CONUS and can check one out... IF I can find one.
    I held both side by side. XDe feels nicer in the hand to me, but the Shield is more practical I think unless a hammer fired concealed pistol is the specific niche you need filled. Especially at under $300 with the current rebate deal.

At the same price I could see be torn.

Feedback Score
    Thanks! I am looking forward to checking this out.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Again folks, this is the technical forum for the discussion about the NEW XD-E pistol (which is a departure from the normal XD line). Keep political comments, etc off of this thread please.

C4

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    I own, carry and shoot my Shield 9mm quite a bit. The XD-E is bigger, while the first shot DA pull is heavy, the follow up SA shots will be smoother and lighter than my stock Shield striker fired trigger mechanism. Being a slightly bigger gun, the XD-E will probably be easier to shoot accurately than the smaller Shield. I have to work harder to get good results with the Shield. Having said that, I don't think my Shield will be replaced. It is quite comfortable to pack all day. Carried it in an IWB for 12 hours at the NRA convention and hardly noticed it's there.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score

New Springfield Armory XD-E coming!

Thanks Sam. I think the odds are quite good that we're going to pick one of these up for my wife, but as much as I love my shield, like you I don't see that getting replaced. I may just have to buy this XD anyway as you can never have too many.

Feedback Score
    Any latest info?

I’m thinking this is what the wife needs for her edc. It’s been out long enough now. Any reports???

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789