Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Springfield Armory XD-E coming!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The weight will help with felt recoil-for those who need it. I do like what they did with the holster link on the site.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Can't really think of any other DA/SA single stacks of top of head. Was planning on Shield 45 but may need to look at this.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I can see the appeal of a da/sa single stack conceal pistol.

I can see merit in this. Strangly appealing design esthetic to it but I don't like the fiber sight or grip zone silliness.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, at least they got rid of the grip saftey...
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Atombomb View Post
    Is this pic legit? Can see the hammer. Most gun sites are blocked here at work, therefore my question. Springfield looks to be trying to grab some sales from the LCP / LCP II, which is smart. The LCPs have been a top seller forever.
    Last edited by PattonWasRight; 04-28-17 at 08:10.
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PattonWasRight View Post
    Is this pic legit? Can see the hammer. Most gun sites are blocked here at work, therefore my question. Springfield looks to be trying to grab some sales from the LCP / LCP II, which is smart. The LCPs have been a top seller forever.
    The Springfield site linked above shows the full details now. 8 rounds of 9mm and 25oz weight and 3.3" barrel so I guess they're giving a single stack hammer fired G26/G19 hybrid sized option rather than LCP
    Last edited by Hadoken; 04-28-17 at 08:16.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
    The Springfield site linked above shows the full details now. 8 rounds of 9mm and 25oz weight and 3.3" barrel so I guess they're giving a single stack hammer fired G26/G19 hybrid sized option rather than LCP
    Thanks Hadoken. Sounds like it lines up more with a CZ P07, which also is SA/DA but is a double stack. This could sell well.

Anyone ever hear / see someone stippling out that obnoxious "GRIP ZONE?"

Springfield wishes they never did that I'd bet. But if they removed it from this gun, they'd be admitting their mistake.

If it really bothers us, could stipple or get talon grips / similar material and put atop.

This gun is interesting me.
    Last edited by PattonWasRight; 04-28-17 at 08:26.
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    Do we know if that safety is a decocker? So, chamber a round, decock it and be ready to fire, first shot DA.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PattonWasRight View Post
    Anyone ever hear / see someone stippling out that obnoxious "GRIP ZONE?"
    A guy I was stationed with at Bragg did the complete opposite.

He found the Grip Zone so stupid, he bought one and had Sight Zone engraved on the top of the slide, then used an engraving tool at work to write Trigger Zone under the trigger gaurd, and Muzzle Zone on the side of the frame with an arrow pointing to the muzzle.

He never carried it, and it was solely a joke. But it cracked me up seeing it on his coffee table every time I went to his house.
    Last edited by GTF425; 04-28-17 at 08:53.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    A guy I was stationed with at Bragg did the complete opposite.

He found the Grip Zone so stupid, he bought one and had Sight Zone engraved on the top of the slide, then used an engraving tool at work to write Trigger Zone under the trigger gaurd, and Muzzle Zone on the side of the frame with an arrow pointing to the muzzle.

He never carried it, and it was solely a joke. But it cracked me up seeing it on his coffee table every time I went to his house.
    LoL! Worth getting a pic of. That would fly across the interwebs in under a day!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast