Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: New Springfield Armory XD-E coming!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Maybe it's all the cloak-and-dagger, but I don't see anything groundbreaking here.

I do love my MK25, but is anyone else seeing DA/SA as kind of a step backward? Hammer fired is great, but it's hard to see what this new offering does that my EMP-9 doesn't do, and I'm much better with it than my MK25, despite having a lot more rounds through the latter. The DA/SA is tough to stay proficient with, although- again- I do enjoy shooting it quite a lot.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenhelmet View Post
    Maybe it's all the cloak-and-dagger, but I don't see anything groundbreaking here.

I do love my MK25, but is anyone else seeing DA/SA as kind of a step backward? Hammer fired is great, but it's hard to see what this new offering does that my EMP-9 doesn't do, and I'm much better with it than my MK25, despite having a lot more rounds through the latter. The DA/SA is tough to stay proficient with, although- again- I do enjoy shooting it quite a lot.
    No, not ground breaking, but an enhancement to an existing design. The EMP-9 is a 1911 and typically are not considered reliable in that small of a package. You also cannot carry it in multiple conditions. It is also heavier.

DA/SA does in fact take more training and skill. There are also benefits. People would be wise to spend their time shooting DA (as it will allow you to be able to shoot all guns well).

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Fair enough, Grant. I definitely see the merits of both actions, but DA/SA has always been more of a "combat pistol" to me, whereas my EMP makes a great little CCW. I've read that early serial numbers had reliability issues, but those seem to have been fixed based on what I've seen with my own and heard from others. I've had hundreds of rounds through mine without issue.

We'll see with this new SA pistol. I do like that it's something just a little bit different than many of the other new offerings on the market.
    Last edited by sevenhelmet; 04-29-17 at 14:05.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenhelmet View Post
    Fair enough, Grant. I definitely see the merits of both actions, but DA/SA has always been more of a "combat pistol" to me, whereas my EMP makes a great little CCW. I've read that early serial numbers had reliability issues, but those seem to have been fixed based on what I've seen with my own and heard from others.
    The 1911 is the king of the feedway stoppage (as a 5" gun). So when you shrink it, nothing improves (no matter who made it). Since most people never take these pistols to a real pistol class, they never find any of these issues.

C4

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    The 1911 is the king of the feedway stoppage (as a 5" gun). So when you shrink it, nothing improves (no matter who made it). Since most people never take these pistols to a real pistol class, they never find any of these issues.

C4

I would also add the XDe is significantly cheaper than the EMP.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    What does this XDe do that the P30SK won't? Other than cost a few bucks less...

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

New Springfield Armory XD-E coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Talon167 View Post
    What does this XDe do that the P30SK won't? Other than cost a few bucks less...

Well besides the cost (which will be around $200 dollars more) the size of the gun is fatter. I also find that a lot of people do not care for the LEM.

C4

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Well besides the cost (which will be around $200 dollars more) the size of the gun is fatter. I also find that a lot of people do not care for the LEM.

C4

That HK is chunky. I first handled one at the 2015 NRA in Nashville and that it was a fatty plus the DA trigger was very heavy. I handled another one at this year NRA and reconfirmed it.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    That HK is chunky. I first handled one at the 2015 NRA in Nashville and that it was a fatty plus the DA trigger was very heavy. I handled another one at this year NRA and reconfirmed it.
    This for sure. Chubby and stubby.

Feedback Score

C4

Well, the one pictured is a DS/SA with safety so it can be carried in any configuration. Street price for the P30SK is ~$580. What's the XDe going to be when it's released?

Anyway, it is a little fatter (~.300" per the specs), probably because it comes with 10 round mags and will accept full size P30 mags.

But, yea, I guess if it's too fat for someone then it's too fat.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast