Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Ugly" handguns

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    The Ruger p85 and P89 and P95 though and their brethren were kind of hideous though. I mean like double bag ugly.
    The were too blocky looking, had poor sights and terrible decock levers. They generally shot good and it was nigh on impossible to break one.

In my view the Beretta Nano and Walther P99 are in the running for fugliest gun.

Feedback Score

Here's a couple of ugly ones for ya"! They shoot great.
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    The were too blocky looking, had poor sights and terrible decock levers. They generally shot good and it was nigh on impossible to break one.

In my view the Beretta Nano and Walther P99 are in the running for fugliest gun.
    Considering that I knew guys who were reloading for a P89 while drunk and not quite caring how much powder they put in the casing, they had the casings getting ejected out split and a solid two foot fireball coming out the barrel and the gun didn't miss a beat. Yeah, they are built tough I'll give them that. They are also one of the lesser ergonomic firearms I own. And that decocker, god, it makes a Beretta M9 seem like it was built for your hand in comparison.

I'd agree on the Nano, not sure on the P99, kind of find it to be decent looking, then again it came out at a time when I was just getting into guns and James Bond had one so.... Then again I always was fascinated with the Vektor CP1, there is a gun so ugly that I thought it was kind of good looking.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Considering that I knew guys who were reloading for a P89 while drunk and not quite caring how much powder they put in the casing, they had the casings getting ejected out split and a solid two foot fireball coming out the barrel and the gun didn't miss a beat. Yeah, they are built tough I'll give them that. They are also one of the lesser ergonomic firearms I own. And that decocker, god, it makes a Beretta M9 seem like it was built for your hand in comparison.

I probably shouldn't admit this but I have several of the P-series and like them a lot. To each their own, I guess. The P89 is blocky but purposeful, while IMHO the P94, original P95 (not the later rail model) and P97 looked good, almost streamlined. The P89 had middling ergonomics but the later ones are, for my large hands, excellent. I find the decocking lever more convenient than on a Sig P226 or Beretta 92... YMMV.

I'll agree on the mediocre-at-best sights, and will add that the trigger breaks way too far back, which makes them hard to shoot accurately until you get used to it - then it's a non-issue.

Great story about the drunken reloader. I don't do that, but I'll say that my 9mm P-series are tied with my 9mm Glocks for no stoppages (ever, other than when experimenting with a $5 junk aftermarket mag; no stoppages with factory or Mec-Gar mags) and nothing broken.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Colt All-American 2000...

Attachment 45339

... or the Dardick.

Attachment 45340
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score

"Ugly" handguns

Uglies:

Beretta PX4
    Springfield XDM/XDE
    any Taurus Semiauto
    Any Keltec semiauto
    Hi Point
    Taurus Judge

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by CDR_Glock; 04-29-17 at 17:44.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I was trying to find the liberator and came across this list.
    http://www.guns.com/2013/01/24/handg...y-pistol-club/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    OLD school here. As in K frame wheel guns, 1911s, etc. Don't really think that any 9mm load will ever, ever have the all-American power of the .45 ACP, but that mag capacity does have its merits. So my current preference is for the BHP. A classic in every sense of the word, slim, good lines, steel; shoots well for me, 15 rounds on board with Mec-Gar magazines. I managed to retire before "experts" could foist truly ugly guns on me. It's hard enough getting up in the morning to go to work and drinking your coffee without wearing an UGLY gun too. Talk about selling your soul.
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Im probably going to be the odd ball here but I don't see beauty or ugly, I simply see a gun. A 1911 and a HiPoint side by side don't do anything for me. Neither is beautiful or ugly. Simply two different guns. However if I had to choose I'll go with something with some straight lines. No cut outs, no milling, no thinning of slides....etc.. so basically something like a Glock.....simple, clean!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I think the sig 320 is one of the ugliest handguns I've ever seen. Hipoint may have them beat, but... ugh.

They seem like good guns, and I got thick skin so burn me for it, but absolutely hideous.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 04-29-17 at 20:24.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast