Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Ugly" handguns

Feedback Score
    The Ruger American isn't that ugly to me. In fact I kinda like the looks of their compact models. Don't know if I would ever drop the coin on one, but I certainly wouldn't turn down a free one.

The ugliest for me is the Sig 320. The new X series grip frames they were showing at SHOT show look a little bit better, but I really dislike the large angle cuts on the slide that seem to be taking hold with other designs in the polymer wonder 9 world.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto426 View Post
    The Ruger American isn't that ugly to me. In fact I kinda like the looks of their compact models. Don't know if I would ever drop the coin on one, but I certainly wouldn't turn down a free one.

The ugliest for me is the Sig 320. The new X series grip frames they were showing at SHOT show look a little bit better, but I really dislike the large angle cuts on the slide that seem to be taking hold with other designs in the polymer wonder 9 world.
    Cz has had angle cuts like that for awhile

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I've wanted one so bad just for the give no ****s factor.

You win this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by artoter View Post

Here's a couple of ugly ones for ya"! They shoot great.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Aesthetics are important, maybe simply because they are the first impression someone gets of a gun. If I see "Grip Zone" stamped on the grip of a pistol, I get soured quickly by the stupidity of that. If the design of something is so ugly and stupid on the outside, what is there to make me think the inside wont be the same?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    If the design of something is so ugly and stupid on the outside, what is there to make me think the inside wont be the same?
    This fits Glocks perfectly. Most people consider them butt ugly since day one. Which is why I never bothered with looks. The only way I ever view a gun is from the sights. "GRIP ZONE" is silly but it's just some letters. If thats stamped on a Glock it won't change the way the gun functions. No different than having Magpull or Hogue stamped on the grip

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    The new Beretta APX (Seems to be a decent pistol, but my God is it hideous).

Ruger American Pistol

FN Five-Seven

HK VP70 (I find it ugly, but in a good way. I kinda want one, actually).

Walther PPS (Gen 1)

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I tend to find pistols with a lower bore more visually appealing. Sigs for example tend to be dowdy to me.

Glock, CZ, High Power and 1911 tend to be types that catch my eye. Even the Arsenal Strike One.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    This fits Glocks perfectly. Most people consider them butt ugly since day one. Which is why I never bothered with looks. The only way I ever view a gun is from the sights. "GRIP ZONE" is silly but it's just some letters. If thats stamped on a Glock it won't change the way the gun functions. No different than having Magpull or Hogue stamped on the grip

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Aesthetics are relative. Glocks are great looking guns, to me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Addendum. Way back when I was building up a Mauser-based sporter for my son I was fairly clueless about the aesthetics of stocking it. The last thing I wanted to do was produce a Bubba stock. I found "the answer" in Roy Dunlap's ancient gunsmithing book, in which he said all the lines of the stock should be either straight lines or parts of a curve. Turns out that he was right.

Same thing applies to other things. We have some county buildings here that look like crosses between quonset huts and grain elevators, with some tree trunks thrown into the mix. Just effing awful! And approved and built by clueless Philistines. The scary thing is that nobody seems to care.

So whether it's buildings, rifles, or pistols, or women--the same principles seem to apply. If you can't distinguish between Michelle Obama or Melania Trump (and they "cost" the same) you're beyond help.

Meanwhile I wear the BHP and the Glock 19 is in the safe. Just because.
    Last edited by Dienekes; 04-30-17 at 15:37.
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast