Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crush Washer or Peel Washers?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks guys. I will use shims. I will be attaching an ALG Single Chamber Brake (SCB) on a 20" AR precision build.
    Live free or die trying!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Crush washers for everything that doesn't mount a suppressor. Ideally suited for timing any other muzzle device. Shims are completely unnecessary, and peel washers are just a more convenient version of shims.
    I find crush washers frustrating. If you go past, even a little bit, you can't just back them off because they won't hold with the proper torque. You have to use a fresh crush washer, or go all the way around again which ends up pushing the crush washer into the muzzle threads. Just Say No To Crush Washers
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56Geo View Post
    Thanks guys. I will use shims. I will be attaching an ALG Single Chamber Brake (SCB) on a 20" AR precision build.
    If I'm not mistaken that brake ships with a peel washer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken that brake ships with a peel washer.
    Yeah it does. I picked it up for $10 lightly used with no peel washer, looks new. It's to hold me over until I have the funds to buy the comp I really want. You never know, I may like it!
    Live free or die trying!

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Maybe you have NO clue WTF you are talking about. Just more evidence that a high post count doesn't make someone an expert.
    And a high post count does not give you a reason to make personal attacks, which you have demonstrated a repeated tendency to do. Read and head your PM's.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Eff Peel Washers!! Damn I remember those dark times.

Shims for sure. I'll only use a crush when it's a FH that wont easily shim on.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Crush washers for everything that doesn't mount a suppressor. Ideally suited for timing any other muzzle device. Shims are completely unnecessary, and peel washers are just a more convenient version of shims.
    Bolded above, I do the same.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    don't like peels if used with a white light mounted above/behind it, because then the light blindingly reflexs off the silver washer

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    Bolded above, I do the same.
    I do the same.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    I'll default to what the muzzle device manufacturer specifies. If they say no crush washer then I'll use shims. This isn't rocket surgery.

I personally like how the Precision Armament washers work though, and since I have some on hand I'll probably use those again in the future just because I already have them. No way I'd buy them to mount an A2 or some other type of flash hider, unless it was a suppressor host. Muzzle brakes/comps almost always call for shims in the instructions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast