Thread: CZ Scorpion Pistol -- Multiple defects / gouges in bolt

Feedback Score

CZ Scorpion Pistol -- Multiple defects / gouges in bolt

See 2 attached pics. Posted in this section b/c it (like all of them) is going to be SBR'ed.

Purchased this 1 week ago and didn't notice any gouges when first cleaning (but I could have missed these). Shot 175 rounds today (first time shooting it) with zero issues (Speer GDHP 147 gr and Speer Lawman 124 gr). While cleaning after shooting, I noted 3 gouges on the bottom face of the bolt near the rear, in the large rectangular recess near where the spring inserts.

Maybe a manufacturing defect, as I can't figure out how this face gets any wear at all during operation (it's always posterior to the magazine).

Looked online and nothing on this. Some random internet bolt pics appear to show this face as perfectly smooth, leading me to believe these are abnormal (which is weird in another way, as mine has a clearly deliberate "2" and "O" engraved, while the random pics I found don't have anything engraved here). Any thoughts? Have emailed CZ today but won't hear from them until Monday - will update when I get their assessment.

Pic 1.jpg

Pic 2.jpg
    Last edited by Naphtali; 04-29-17 at 22:32.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It looks like bad proof marks to me rather than gouges.

Feedback Score
    So what's your opinion of the significance? If CZ gets back to me and says to ignore them / they don't matter, should I buy that or insist on replacement? Part of this depends on whether these would wear anything, and as I previously noted, I can't see how this face wears on anything. Or if there's a rust concern long-term, etc.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Agree with JulyAZ. I personally don't find those to be bad at all. They appear to be on a part of the carrier that is not visible when installed in the gun. Were it me, I'd just keep it, shoot it, and not worry about it. The markings appear to be phosphated so rust shouldn't be an issue any more than the rest of the carrier.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 04-29-17 at 23:16.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Agreed with the others, definitely looks like someone wasn't very good at making proof marks...

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Here is mine. Not like the OP's. Don't know if that is supposed to be a 21 or a 2 and the other is a mistake. Don't think that it will effect anything. The OP's is a little buggered but don't think it is anything to worry about. I honestly never looked at that part until I saw this post. I have cleaned it many times and just wipe that area with a rag and move on. Maybe it's just the tool they use when they proof it?
    Last edited by Fuzzy-Reticle; 04-30-17 at 11:27.
    "Run fast. Shoot straight. Die proud." -Boba Fett

Trample the weak. Hurdle the dead.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems." -Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    From CZ USA warranty dept:

"Looks like the tool skipped for the stamper who made the production marks, but we have seen similar marks on our bolts. As different workers manually stamp the bolts in that area they will tend to vary.

However there will be no contact possible with the hammer or any other part as it’s a large clearance cut for the hammer, and should not cause any issues with rust any more than anywhere else on the bolt.

If you have any further questions or concerns please let us know."