Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a muzzle device.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Duffy,

I like the idea you came up with in your A2ish comp.

Can you sell me on why I should spend the $42 extra on your muzzle device over an A2?

Genuinely curious - outwardly they look very similar.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    We just released 6315, compatible with A2 BFA and sound suppressors that mount on A2.

Like the A2, it's a flash suppressor and compensator, with better muzzle control, without the invariable noise and concussion that comes with a brake or comp. CNC machined from 4310 bar stock, heat treated and black nitrided, it's our version of our favorite muzzle device, the A2. Detailed info here http://forwardcontrolsdesign.com/631...ator_p_76.html
    Looks good! I assume its designed for right handed shooters? What if youre wrong handed?
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 04-30-17 at 17:27.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    6315 is based on the A2, and inherits A2's strengths and limitations. Our next project 1815 is not at all like the A2, and the flash suppressor it's based on.

6315 is 0.04" longer, has larger ports (save for the 3 and 9 o'clock ports, they are 25% smaller), larger internal cone cavity, is superbly made and finished (CNC machined from 4310 bar stock, heat treated and black nitrided). It's compact and light like the A2. Because it has largely A2 TDP specs, it's best described as a blended capability device.

More gas vents through the larger 3 upward facing ports than the smaller 3 and 9 o'clock ports, the muzzle jumps less and returns to target faster. It's not a pure flash suppressor, because it has some compensator ability built in. Unlike a pure comp, it doesn't have the concussion and noise a straight comp, and almost all the hybrid comp / flash suppressors produce. So unlike a straight comp that does have these unpleasant effects, it's more suitable for duty and defense use.

In terms of cost over the $8 A2, it's not linear. A $57 flash suppressor doesn't reduce flash signature 7 times better than the A2 to arrive at its $57 price. Our favorite comp doesn't do 20 times better as a compensator to arrive at its $150 price. The cost has far more to do with material, finish, and construction method. On that front, 6315 is quite a bargain, you don't want to know our cost on it

If you want the best A2 style comp / flash suppressor, 6315 is perhaps the finest one made. It doesn't call attention onto itself (that's not our way) so it is somewhat stealthy, one has to know where to look to see it's different. We don't do different for the sake of being different, all of 6315's differences from A2 have reasons behind them. The only concession we made to looks is the small and subdued company logo on the bottom of 6315, and even that we went out of our way to make it inconspicuous.

6315 is handedness neutral
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've settled on the A2 birdcage on anything that I don't plan on mounting a can. Trifecta for those that get a can.
    Last edited by CPM; 04-30-17 at 19:22.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    We just released 6315, compatible with A2 BFA and sound suppressors that mount on A2.

Like the A2, it's a flash suppressor and compensator, with better muzzle control, without the invariable noise and concussion that comes with a brake or comp. CNC machined from 4310 bar stock, heat treated and black nitrided, it's our version of our favorite muzzle device, the A2. Detailed info here http://forwardcontrolsdesign.com/631...ator_p_76.html

Looks like an interesting design. Might have to try one of these.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Duffy, is the 6315 long enough to bring a 14.5" barrel up to 16"?
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mist, it's only 0.04" longer at 1.8" (TDP is 1.76"), and not enough to bring a 14.5" barrel to non-NFA length. 0.2" longer and it would be able to do so, but then it probably won't work with A2 mounted sound suppressors anymore.

With a spacer like ADCO's KAC Spacer that adds 0.25", it'd bring it up to 16" OAL.

6315 is a rather conservative design, it's not meant to turn heads and be drastically different than the A2 on which it is based, we want it to be versatile, small and light like the A2, a quiet professional if you will. It's for folks that like the venerable A2, and can appreciate a meticulously crafted and finished version of it.

I think I'd make a poor fashion designer, thankfully I'm not in the fashion industry
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Duffy,
    I think there is a market segment that you need to fill for us...

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...=1#post2487679

Your updated A2 with the ASR thread on the exterior would be an intersting option...

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    6315 is based on the A2, and inherits A2's strengths and limitations. Our next project 1815 is not at all like the A2, and the flash suppressor it's based on.

6315 is 0.04" longer, has larger ports (save for the 3 and 9 o'clock ports, they are 25% smaller), larger internal cone cavity, is superbly made and finished (CNC machined from 4310 bar stock, heat treated and black nitrided). It's compact and light like the A2. Because it has largely A2 TDP specs, it's best described as a blended capability device.

More gas vents through the larger 3 upward facing ports than the smaller 3 and 9 o'clock ports, the muzzle jumps less and returns to target faster. It's not a pure flash suppressor, because it has some compensator ability built in. Unlike a pure comp, it doesn't have the concussion and noise a straight comp, and almost all the hybrid comp / flash suppressors produce. So unlike a straight comp that does have these unpleasant effects, it's more suitable for duty and defense use.

In terms of cost over the $8 A2, it's not linear. A $57 flash suppressor doesn't reduce flash signature 7 times better than the A2 to arrive at its $57 price. Our favorite comp doesn't do 20 times better as a compensator to arrive at its $150 price. The cost has far more to do with material, finish, and construction method. On that front, 6315 is quite a bargain, you don't want to know our cost on it

If you want the best A2 style comp / flash suppressor, 6315 is perhaps the finest one made. It doesn't call attention onto itself (that's not our way) so it is somewhat stealthy, one has to know where to look to see it's different. We don't do different for the sake of being different, all of 6315's differences from A2 have reasons behind them. The only concession we made to looks is the small and subdued company logo on the bottom of 6315, and even that we went out of our way to make it inconspicuous.

6315 is handedness neutral
    Ah my bad. I thought the ports were larger on one side to prevent the right and upward muzzle rise for a right handed shooter.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    6315 was just released last week, if there's enough demand, we can do it. Slippers (Arisaka boss) asked me about it when 6315 was first revealed and discussed on Weapon Evolution months ago. It took Battle Comp a few years to make a suppressor mount of their enormously successful Battle Comps, so I reckon it'll be a while before we embark on that.

6315 isn't sexy or flashy (no pun intended), I recognize it's a "stealthy" design in that regard. Like the LDFA that's quite boring because its looks are completely dictated by its functions (save for one concession we made to break up the outline of the plunger lest it look too long), I suspect the more unconventional looking, 3 prong 1815 would grab more attention, and get made into a suppressor mount sooner.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast