Thread: Sabatti St-17 (proto) with Prime Ammo 6.5 Creedmoor

Feedback Score

Sabatti St-17 (proto) with Prime Ammo 6.5 Creedmoor

Some results from my Prototype Sabatti Rifles ST-17 in 6.5 creedmoor with Prime ammo 130 grain Match +. This rifle has less than 100 rounds through it so its probably not fully broke in but I am very pleased with the results.

MV Avg 2894 FPS, SD 7.8, ES 27

Best 5 shot group: .359" center to center.

sabatti-st-17-01.jpgsabatti-st-17-03.jpgsabatti-st-17-02.jpg

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Nice stick. I've been waiting to see more details on this rifle and hear some of the differences between the STR and the ST17. Have you tried using an AICS or similar mag? Does the forend accept standard fittings like a sling stud or rail for a bipod?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatoCATM View Post
    Nice stick. I've been waiting to see more details on this rifle and hear some of the differences between the STR and the ST17. Have you tried using an AICS or similar mag? Does the forend accept standard fittings like a sling stud or rail for a bipod?
    The only difference between the str and the st-17 is the chassis, the barreled action is identical. I did try an AICS mag and in the proto it was a little tight but did work. I prefer the magpul aics style mags of the regular aics so that was my main concern. I'm being told that the production model will either have or be spaced to accept a standard picatinny rail. I bought a universal kit and it worked fine.

image.jpg

Feedback Score
    nice very nice.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Looks good -- do you find the prime ammo to be more accurate than the Hornady factory ammo?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Colnago View Post
    Looks good -- do you find the prime ammo to be more accurate than the Hornady factory ammo?
    While there is certainly nothing wrong with a lot of hornady ammo(they have several offerings) I have got awesome results with the prime ammo 6.5 over multiple platforms, and I'm not the only one to do so. Single digit SD's out of factory ammo is great and I don't see myself switching anytime soon.