Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone own a Sako bolt rifle. Worth the Coin?

Feedback Score
    As an owner of both Sakos and Tikkas:

On the practical side, (for a hunting rifle) you are not going to gain anything by spending the extra $$ for a Sako instead of buying a Tikka T3.

Both offer sub MOA accuracy guarantees. Both will deliver with ease.

Here is a group of groups from one of my Tikka .308s:

And a group of groups from my Sako .308

Not much of a difference, and obviously both rifles shoot WELL under .5 MOA.

For a hunting rifle, I would pick up a:

Tikka T3 .308
    Talley Lightweight rings
    SWFA scope in MIL/MIL or MOA/MOA
    8# Keg of Varget
    Lapua Brass
    Projectile of choice

If you really wanna splurge/go all out, drop one in a McMillan Edge, and have it threaded for a muzzle brake like the one shown in the picture above.

Then go hunt.

This will save you thousands, if not tens of thousands of dollars, chasing the next best, latest, fastest, coolest thing, equipment and cartridge wise.
    THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

Feedback Score
    I bought a Sako A7 Roughtech in 270 Win last year and absolutely could not be happier.
    I am notorious about trading firearms; but as I tell my wife, I don't play golf or fish, both of which can cost so much more. But I can see me keeping this one for life.

Feedback Score
    Sako's are expensive for a reason, they are of really good quality. I have a 1970's Sako Finnbear in 30-06 and the machining, fit and finish on the trigger guard and floor plate are way better than a lot of rifle receiver/actions made today. Wish I had more of them.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've had two Sako's - Varmint in .22-250 and a Finnlight in .270. Great rifles that I sold when I was between jobs.

I'll be getting another one at some point. Sako makes an excellent hunting rifle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Had a Tikka T3 CTR in 260 that just wouldn't shoot a group that sucked no matter how hard I tried! Had to sell it when I got laid off but I'm back to work and looking at a Sako A7 in 6.5 Creedmor.

Feedback Score
    Every SAKO I had chance to own or handle was great. If you are looking at an alternative to SAKO at lower price points, look into the TIKKA line. SAKO bought TIKKA a long while ago, and many great features from both lines have merged into each other. TIKKA rifles are as accurate as SAKO rifles but just look cheaper (and they are). Barrels are made by the same machines.

Feedback Score
    Sako 85 is a great rifle. I personally like the older Sako 75 even more, but I would be perfectly happy with either the 75 or 85, or Tikka T3. I'm not particularly fond of the Key Concept bolt, but if you get a rifle with it and do not like it, it is easy to get rid of it. I currently have only TRGs, but I see myself buying a 75 too in the future. The T3 is an excellent alternative as well, as it offers amazing bang-for-the-buck. If I didn't already have the TRGs, I'd be looking at the T3x TAC A1 very closely.

Feedback Score
    I own a Sako in 30-06 and it is my favorite rifle. I have shot another in .223 and it was also fantastic. They are, in my opinion, worth the coin.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Have a Sako, L579 Forrester that my dad brought home from overseas in .308. One of my favorite rifles. It has a Bofors steel barrel and deep bluing it is a beautiful rifle. It is accurate and has taken a number of deer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    As an owner of both Sakos and Tikkas:

On the practical side, (for a hunting rifle) you are not going to gain anything by spending the extra $$ for a Sako instead of buying a Tikka T3.

Both offer sub MOA accuracy guarantees. Both will deliver with ease.

Here is a group of groups from one of my Tikka .308s:

And a group of groups from my Sako .308

Not much of a difference, and obviously both rifles shoot WELL under .5 MOA.

For a hunting rifle, I would pick up a:

Tikka T3 .308
    Talley Lightweight rings
    SWFA scope in MIL/MIL or MOA/MOA
    8# Keg of Varget
    Lapua Brass
    Projectile of choice

If you really wanna splurge/go all out, drop one in a McMillan Edge, and have it threaded for a muzzle brake like the one shown in the picture above.

Then go hunt.

This will save you thousands, if not tens of thousands of dollars, chasing the next best, latest, fastest, coolest thing, equipment and cartridge wise.
    Sorry...but what are these pics supposed to represent? Is it my account that I cannot see "photo bucket" stuff?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast