Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 62 grain BTHP

Feedback Score
    They are shooting well out of 3 different 7 twist 18" AR's ranging between 1/2 and 3/4 inch. I haven't weigh sorted, just shot them. They seem pretty happy with 25gr. of Tac, Rem 7 1/2 primers and L.C. brass. Surprising bullet really. Will be using them for coyote this fall... Has anyone hunted anything with them yet ? Hornady says hunting bullet if cannelured so...thinking they should work well for coyote. Expecting normal hole in and small out....but that's a guess. Any gel tests or... ?

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ppro View Post
    They are shooting well out of 3 different 7 twist 18" AR's ranging between 1/2 and 3/4 inch. I haven't weigh sorted, just shot them. They seem pretty happy with 25gr. of Tac, Rem 7 1/2 primers and L.C. brass. Surprising bullet really. Will be using them for coyote this fall... Has anyone hunted anything with them yet ? Hornady says hunting bullet if cannelured so...thinking they should work well for coyote. Expecting normal hole in and small out....but that's a guess. Any gel tests or... ?
    Would you mind sharing the velocity of that load?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Everyone is shooting better groups than us with "OUR" bullet.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    It seems to me that this bullets with 24.3gr XBR may be a perfect clone load for those with ACOGs matched to M855. I zero'd at 100 using the tip of the Chevron and at 397 meters was perfect using the "4" hold. It's almost too good to be true, especially given they shoot about MOA for me and cost half as much a the 77gr bullets.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    We ran some of these bullets today, but I was shooting 600 yards with a 11.5 SBR and Burris 1-8 scope. I couldn't see my hits, but could see my misses. 1-2-3-5 I could hear just fine. Not bad with a .11 bullet. I did pop some CQB steel up close for fun too.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    It's kinda sounding like there's no need to spend more for the 75s and 77s?
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by darr3239 View Post
    It's kinda sounding like there's no need to spend more for the 75s and 77s?
    Hey my old friend, let’s not get carried away. But these are a great substitute for a low cost alternative. I could never shy away from our beloved 77’s.

When you coming shooting with us again? You need toCome on out. Mark was asking about you the other day.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yeah. The amazing weather is just around the corner.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    What? The snow?

What the hell are you guys talking about? Between the snow and sleet, hasn't been worth going to the range, and there's more on the way.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    What? The snow?

What the hell are you guys talking about? Between the snow and sleet, hasn't been worth going to the range, and there's more on the way.
    87 degrees Sunday with 12 inches of sunshine.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast