Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Average US weight/Height for adults

Feedback Score
    I must be the bizarro you. I hate swimming. My former profession required swimming quite a bit and most guys in my unit didnt like it. This often surprises people since it was an amphibious unit. But swimming is boring especially in the ocean.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sniperfrog View Post
    I must be the bizarro you. I hate swimming. My former profession required swimming quite a bit and most guys in my unit didnt like it. This often surprises people since it was an amphibious unit. But swimming is boring especially in the ocean.
    No not at all. Early on I gravitated towards endurance athletics so my 'bizarro' was discovered early. Ran my first half marathon the at 10. Crazy triathlete for a decade focusing on half and full IM's. It just suits my brain for some reason doing the mundane. I'm def the weirdo I just 'embrace the suck' of it b/c it's more like my go juice....I can just put my head down and go. When we all head out from camp during rifle season everyone jumps on quads to go to their stands. I've long since gone by that time so I can enjoy the quietness of the woods and a 30-60 minute walk to my stand. Yes. That weirdo.

Feedback Score
    I meant Bizarro, like the comic book character. Hes the exact opposite of Superman. Your tall and skinny, im short and stocky. You like swimming, i hate it, etc...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I meant Bizarro, like the comic book character. Hes the exact opposite of Superman. Your tall and skinny, im short and stocky. You like swimming, i hate it, etc...
    Gotcha. Thanks for your service.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Bmi was relevant in the 1960's. But ya, there are a ton of fat people.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    My former unit was also amphib, and most guys hated swimming, too. Open water, I didn't mind (thought it was mind-numbing); I loathe swimming laps in a pool.

Now in my current job I talk to patients for our practice, I talk to about 30-45 people a day. Reviewing charts I would say about 75% are overweight. Half of those are morbidly obese.

In other news, about 75% of the patients I talk to are also on psych meds.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, there is just too many things they try to fix with pills these days. Sometimes just a better diet and exercise could solve alot of issues.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123