Thread: Old Medic Pack

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Old Medic Pack

I know this thing is old school and I was about to move its contents to a spare backpack that's built similar to an Army medium sized ruck, just smaller and chunk this. But then I got to thinking about all the individual pouches that I'm going to lose because no one makes a packs that are this well organized. At least not for less than $200... Albeit ancient looking.
    So my question is this.

1. Should I break like items up in ziplock bags (I have some huge ones) and move my "combat lifesaver" supplies to a pack easier to carry around? (I have several spare packs)
    2. Does anyone have a load plan they could share? I tried some old TM's but no luck. I'm good on my trauma kits on my chest rigs. Docsherm provided me a list of trauma items and I stick to that. But this is like a spare first aid bag plus.
    Not just GSW or other trauma. I have stuff to replen my chest rigs ifaks like spare ACE bandages, spare moleskin, plastic tape etc. but I also have different size bandages. Think Army first aid kit in the green plastic box + stuff you'd find in your medicine cabinet at home. Acetaminophen, cold medicine, antibiotic ointments, water treatment, alcohol pads, epipens (not for me) soap, space blankets EMT shears, hydration tabs, scent free cream for sore muscles.... So you can see it's not my typical ifak/trauma kit. But it's not meant to be. So I was thinking I could bounce my load plan off what was supposed to be in here just to make sure I didn't miss anything. I do need to get some new splints. The kind you roll up. Or is there a list of items for this type of scenario?

The idea here was to have a med kit that I could grab-n-go without having to empty drawers or go through the cabinets should we need to leave the house sooner than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 05-04-17 at 14:10.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams