Thread: Atlas Bipods, they have gotten noticeably better AND PSR feedback anyone?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Atlas Bipods, they have gotten noticeably better AND PSR feedback anyone?

I just purchased another Atlas Bipod. The BT10-LW17, and I have many of them. Atlas has tightened up the play in the legs a great deal. To the point Im butt hurt about my old ones. I have one in particular that is grossly more sloppy than others.

A note on "Play". If you push the steel button and deploy the legs to sit up for shooting. The amount of movement within the notches. I have one that is very sloppy but most are OK. But this new one is rock solid.

I almost bought the PSR model, but didn't understand "non rotating legs. Anyone try this bipod and have feedback. How id it different?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The bottom portion of the legs can spin around the notched post they attach to on the original. If you try to aggressively load the bipod in certain circumstances, the bottom of the legs can spin and essentially 'roll' the rifle away from you. It's annoyed me enough at times that my next atlas will be a PSR for certain.
    Last edited by mattj; 05-05-17 at 08:58.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    The bottom portion of the legs can spin around the notched post they attach to on the original. If you try to aggressively load the bipod in certain circumstances, the bottom of the legs can spin and essentially 'roll' the rifle away from you. It's annoyed me enough at times that my next atlas will be a PSR for certain.
    Exactly. I was having trouble with this yesterday. Loading the bipod results it it slowing walking away from you. I got a great deal on the EE for my bt10 but my next will be PSR as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    One fix for this is getting the spike feet, but PSR looks good.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I own a BT46/PSR, fixed the rotating legs on the BT10

I've used both and preferred the PSR. So I bought one.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The non-rotating feet make Atlas bipods better than the others. I can't shoot a rifle that rolls away from me.

I have the spikes on mine and they're ok, I prefer the rubber but they come off with too little use for me. I'm gonna try Hawk Hill feet.