Thread: LMT 2 stage trigger question

Feedback Score

LMT 2 stage trigger question

I received an LMT lower recently that has the LMT 2 stage trigger in it. But the difference between the first stage take up and 2nd stage release is almost non-existent to a point where it is very difficult take up the slack on the first stage and not unintentionally fire a round because the trigger goes to stage 2 without a positive stopping point from the stage one take up.

It almost feels like there is no stage one and stage 2 discernment. In other 2 stage triggers that I have owned, you take up the slack, there is a definite stopping point, and then you break the sear from the stage 2 position.

Am I making sense?

Is this normal?

What should I do? Do you think LMT would address this or say it's normal?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sounds like a bad trigger to me. You should certainly be feeling where the first stage ends and the second starts.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Todd are you sure its nott he standard trigger group inside?

Feedback Score
    I believe mine is the standard single stage that came with my LMT Piston. It has a take up and then I can stop and break it almost like the two stage. Kinda strange, but I really like it. It is not light by any means, but I am getting use to it...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    Todd are you sure its nott he standard trigger group inside?
    Shihan,

Thanks for asking.

I bought it from Grant, and asked him about it a few months ago when I picked it up from my FFL, and he said this is not uncommon. I totally trust that he sold me a 2 stage trigger in the LMT lower, but unless you're the one pulling the trigger you can't really appreciate how much this TG wants to jump from stage 1 to stage 2. If you "really" concentrate, you can feel the transition from stage 1 to stage 2 but I mean you REALLY have to concentrate on not tripping the sear.

I'm going to contact LMT (back in my home town of Milan, IL.) and talk to them. They've always been great to deal with. This is my back up lower so I won't miss it if I need to wait a little on fixing the issue. And I do believe it's an issue because I paid for a 2 stage trigger set-up, I know the dfifference, and this isn't even close.

Feedback Score
    If you're still unsure what you have, there are clear physical differences between the standard and two stage triggers. Compare your primary lower with the back up and see how they look.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have two LMT 2 stage triggers and neither one is like you describe. Mine have a light take up and then a very clear second stage, I think you either have a bad trigger or it isn't a 2 stage.

Cameron

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Can you shoot a picture of the insides?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Guys,

It's a 2 stage trigger group.

I talked to LMT today and they were (as always) very accomodating and said to send it back and they will take care of it. No questions asked.