Thread: Legacy SR-25 Suppressor

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Legacy SR-25 Suppressor

Not sure if this is in 308 AR or NFA category but....

The old OTB suppressor for the 24" SR-25 EMR, the one that screws in at the gas block.

Does anyone still make one? If not how hard are they to track down? If tracked down how much?

Not in a big hurry to get one (if at all) but genuinely curious and thus far I can find no info or even a proper name.

Thanks
    Wake the f*ck up, Samurai

Feedback Score
    Pictures may help (if you can find them).

All KAC cans I'm aware of were fast attach. Could it be an OPS Inc. can?

God Bless,

Brandon

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I dont think it was OPS. It was KAC. I cant find pictures itbis so old and dont feel like lugging mine out.

Okay like it has a 24" barrel and at the gas block there is a cap which covers threads that you can unscrew and you screw the suppressor on. I am unsure if it adds much length.

Like the old 1994 era SR-25s

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I dont think it was OPS. It was KAC. I cant find pictures itbis so old and dont feel like lugging mine out.

Okay like it has a 24" barrel and at the gas block there is a cap which covers threads that you can unscrew and you screw the suppressor on. I am unsure if it adds much length.

Like the old 1994 era SR-25s
    Makes sense.

Maybe a PM to Failure2Stop may help?

I'm thinking pictures from the Military Institute more than likely have an example of every SR in service.

God Bless,

Brandon

ETA: Institute of Military Technology. My bad. https://www.knightarmco.com/inside-k...ry-technology/
    Last edited by BWT; 05-05-17 at 21:28.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Brandon, thanks for effort so far. Not a pic of my rifle (mine has carbon fibre) but same gas block

I will hit up Jack just to see. It's likely rare, not made anymore, and expensive.

But I'm curious about it.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    As I understand it, they were all mated to the guns from the factory, and not really an after-sale/add-on type solution. I could be talking from my arse though.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    When I had that rifle model quite a few years ago, I called to inquire about the suppressor. I was told they had a couple they were keeping for their corporate collection, but had none for sale. Things may have changed since then, though.