Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ADM mount coming off??

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

ADM mount coming off??

Hey all,

Just curious if anyone has had any issues with the little lever that locks an ADM mount inadvertently getting activated and the lever opening? It's happened to me and I understand you can make it lock tighter so that's what I have done. But it's in my head now and my next step was to reverse the mount on optics that it's possible like a T1 or MRO. Sooooo....

1. Have you had your ADM mount come unlocked?

2. If you reversed it on the gun has the lever caused any malfunctions... like brass on an AR??

Thanks

T

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    You may already have the lever adjusted too tight, preventing the lock from fully engaging.
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    1) No.
    T1 on ADM co witness mount. 2000+ 5.56 via a FS2000, and 800+ .308 out of my FAL. Had it setup so that it was tight enough that locking it in the first place was hard. Usually requires a case head or similar to push down the locking lever and remove it.

Allen

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBossman View Post
    You may already have the lever adjusted too tight, preventing the lock from fully engaging.
    Thanks, but I have checked and watched it fully close and then I pull it out to make sure the lock engages. I think when I ran it on the left side of the gun it either caught on gear on my chest or it has happened pulling it out of the bag.

T
    Last edited by tat2; 05-06-17 at 17:05.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    1) No.
    T1 on ADM co witness mount. 2000+ 5.56 via a FS2000, and 800+ .308 out of my FAL. Had it setup so that it was tight enough that locking it in the first place was hard. Usually requires a case head or similar to push down the locking lever and remove it.

Allen
    This is the tension level I went to after it came un-done twice. Which kinda is not exactly QD but I get it. A case head or knife blade under it works now.

T

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've had ADM mounts for years. Never had that issue.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I had the issue once on an RMR mount. Called ADM and they said its the lever, sent me a new one, got in two days and have been good to go since. Give them a call on monday as they actually have a phone number (262-780-9831) and actually answer it. They will take care of you.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    I had the issue once on an RMR mount. Called ADM and they said its the lever, sent me a new one, got in two days and have been good to go since. Give them a call on monday as they actually have a phone number (262-780-9831) and actually answer it. They will take care of you.
    Thanks for that! I will call them and see what they say about reversing the mount and ejection interference. I really think that the initial issue of coming un-done was on me. It was my first ADM mount with a Razor 1-6 after using LaRue mounts.

T

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Reversing the mount doesn't help. You simply don't have the QDs tight enough. I had it happen to me on a SCAR 17, either way the QDs were placed (forward or backward). Tighten them down one notch and it wont happen.

Additionally, ensure that the levers "lock". I received one on a T-2 mount that you could pull through with no effort. A replacement fixed the issue.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the input. I will check the levers to ensure they lock. I have not had an issue on my SCAR since I tightened it down another turn. Have you ever reversed a T1 or MRO mount? I was just concerned about interference to ejecting brass?? I have not had an issue yet on an MPX.

T

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast