Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Unity Tactical ATOM Slide

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I’m actually pretty surprised that it’s still for sale. Makes me think I should’ve listed my milled slide instead. The only thing that I’d say the milled slide has going for it is the serrations. I like Doug’s slightly better, but that doesn’t really mean much because I use the RMR to rack the slide anyways. I also think the ATOM actually may have worked better in my 6354DO because of the irons being in front. I had to mod the holster a little around the milled slide with irons rear. Either way I think they’re both good options and ideally I’d keep both but I have a lot of other things to put the money toward before a third Glock slide for one frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I’m actually pretty surprised that it’s still for sale. Makes me think I should’ve listed my milled slide instead. The only thing that I’d say the milled slide has going for it is the serrations. I like Doug’s slightly better, but that doesn’t really mean much because I use the RMR to rack the slide anyways. I also think the ATOM actually may have worked better in my 6354DO because of the irons being in front. I had to mod the holster a little around the milled slide with irons rear. Either way I think they’re both good options and ideally I’d keep both but I have a lot of other things to put the money toward before a third Glock slide for one frame.

I had L&M do the mill on my G17 and I'm very happy with it. I have more than one G19 Gen 4's however, so I wanted to be able to possibly put the slide on one of them depending on what I had going on. I would be using it with the 6354DO as well, but with RMR's for now.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I had L&M do the mill on my G17 and I'm very happy with it. I have more than one G19 Gen 4's however, so I wanted to be able to possibly put the slide on one of them depending on what I had going on. I would be using it with the 6354DO as well, but with RMR's for now.
    Oh gotcha, then you’re well aware of the system. As long as the holster is newer or you don’t mind modifying it a little bit, it’s a solid setup. I do think the RMR is superior to the DPP.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Personally I think the Leupold DPP sight site too high on any handgun, esp compared to the RMR.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Personally I think the Leupold DPP sight site too high on any handgun, esp compared to the RMR.
    Yeah I would tend to agree. It can work, but I've found that I prefer the RMR. I will say that I had absolutely no issues ever finding the dot in that huge window though.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Another brief update. After having my slide listed to sell for many weeks, I've decided to keep it instead of losing over $100 on it. One of my biggest concerns was the removal of the optic plate since it was such a PITA to install, but I'm amazed at how easy it was to tap out. I threw it in the vise and put a flat head on one of the recoil bosses. Alternating every 2-3 taps it slid right out, probably hit it no more than 10 times and I was pretty gentle. I thought for sure that the recoil bosses would be damaged enough that they wouldn't function but that's definitely not the case. The ATOM slide will get paired with an RMR and KKM barrel and comp while my ATEi slide will serve as my stock-ish Glock setup.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    So I want to make sure I understood this correctly. The ATOM slide worked without (or with very minimal) modifications to your 6354DO holster? Any idea how it will work with the newer 6360RDS holster? I was really hoping to purchase an ATOM slide for a G17 then use it along with my RMR for duty use but was under the impression that the ATOM was not compatible with the ALS system

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    there is an als holster specifically made with the irons in front of the RMR, no light though:

https://holsterops.com/collections/o...-sight-holster
    Lack of Lubrication -- a lot of folks who learned on bolt guns don't understand that gas guns like women run better wet.
    -KevinB

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

The Unity Tactical ATOM Slide

Quote Originally Posted by stobocor View Post
    So I want to make sure I understood this correctly. The ATOM slide worked without (or with very minimal) modifications to your 6354DO holster? Any idea how it will work with the newer 6360RDS holster? I was really hoping to purchase an ATOM slide for a G17 then use it along with my RMR for duty use but was under the impression that the ATOM was not compatible with the ALS system
    I think I was mistaken. I don’t have the RMR at the moment but my 6354DO won’t work with the ATOM slide without modification. When I posted a while ago saying that my new one worked with the DP Pro, it must have been after removing the rear ATOM iron sight that sits in front of the optic. Not sure how I didn’t realize that, but there’s no way the slide will seat and lock into the ALS system with that rear iron in place. I already took a dremel to it though so I’m going to keep working it as this is apparently fairly common. No experience with the newer RDS holsters, but I think I was reading somewhere that the ALS system on them really wasn’t playing well with the ATOM’s chamfered corners.

ETA - so I just made it work. I have a Dremel 7300 I think, which is a very basic, low cost model. A few minutes with it and I easily removed the first corners of the ALS system that was interfering with the forward mounted iron sight. I had to remove a fair amount from that first section of it to allow the gun to fully seat into the holster and lock into the ALS system, but there is still enough material to lock it in securely. The good news is that unlike most other people that do this, I did it without disassembling the holster so it was super easy. Apparently that part can be a pain in the ass. It’s not pretty, but it’s inside the holster so who cares.

I also just got an RMR plate for the ATOM slide. Probably less than two minutes from start to finish and the plate fit the slide very well. That time includes checking for fit so I did very minimal fitting. It seemed like I barely did more than remove the finish and the fit between the plate and slide is just about perfect. That was my biggest initial complaint with this system. Had I known that it would require fitting up front and had even a cheap dremel on hand, I would’ve had a very different initial impression. I’m really glad that I didn’t sell this slide. Now I’m just waiting on my RMR to come back from Trijicon.

Last edited by Wake27; 12-02-17 at 17:25.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I’ve been dealing with the ATOM slide and the Safariland 6384RDS for a few days. In my conversations with Unity and Safariland, they won’t interface properly and the ALS lock will either require a modification or you will need a shorter rear sight. The ATOM rear sight height is .421 and the ALS lock is designed to accommodate sights up to .400 tall.

I hope this helps.

Brian
    Last edited by txsapper; 02-12-18 at 19:50. Reason: Updated Post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast