Quote Originally Posted by shiv View Post
You’d probably think this is out there, but a brake/comp/flash hider is installed at the most critical point for accuracy on a rifle. Sometimes the weight can “tune” the barrel. I’ve had barrels that shot better with the addition of a brake or comp. In fact, some Rimfire BR shooters use adjustable “tuners” on the muzzle to dial in their loads as rimfire ammunition isn’t tunable like reloaded centerfire.

I’ve experienced this effect with rifles myself which the harmonica were taped with the application of a muzzle device. I’ve one particular BCM SS410 that had the accuracy suffer once I pulled the factory comp off in favor of a flash hider (so I could mount a Surefire suppressor).
It's not "out there" at all. Dampening the muzzle vibration or extending the vibration node at the window of projectile exit usually results in improved precision potential.

I find it odd that every example you’ve found an increase. Barrels and precision are weird things. I’d be interested to see your data and tested methodology. You should put it all in a thread for the rest of us sometime if you can.
I can't publish proprietary testing, just sharing what I can to spread info.