Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Brake vs. Bare Muzzle vs. Flash Hider...it matters.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    To clarify, in both cases, just one or two rounds expanded your group size by about a full MOA. Firing a few more rounds would either confirm those shots as a genuine part of the normal dispersion, or indicate that they were more likely "fliers". If your breaked group has a couple of those, and the flash hider group doesn't, then they shoot identically. I'd want to know that before trying to fix anything.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    For the purpose of science, I'm going to make a lot of 200 rounds of my accuracy load. I'll fire five ten shot groups with my standard A2/crush washer that's currently installed, install the vortex, fire a few groups to help settle the new muzzle device, and then fire five more 10 shot groups.

I'll report anything I find, and hopefully add to the relevant data on this thread. If anyone has any further suggestions on how to perform this test, please let me know.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerPeak View Post
    Nobody said anything about thousands of rounds. As I see your groups, if the flash hider groups are overlaid, you have a two moa group with a flash hider and three moa with break (approximately).

I've seen far more variation than that in group to group (same setup) in many cases.

Feel free to explore different attachments, but I'd want to make sure an issue existed before throwing money at a solution. For me, I'd at least shoot 30 rounds at the same POA with each setup before moving forward.

It's your money and your experiment, just trying to offer some experience.
    Roger that. This is just far and away not the first time this has happened.
    Last edited by WS6; 05-09-17 at 23:11.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Copy. Please keep us updated on your progress.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    For the purpose of science, I'm going to make a lot of 200 rounds of my accuracy load. I'll fire five ten shot groups with my standard A2/crush washer that's currently installed, install the vortex, fire a few groups to help settle the new muzzle device, and then fire five more 10 shot groups.

I'll report anything I find, and hopefully add to the relevant data on this thread. If anyone has any further suggestions on how to perform this test, please let me know.
    Wow, that would rock! Thanks, I'll watch for an update.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerPeak View Post
    Copy. Please keep us updated on your progress.
    No problem, will do! Like I said though, I am not shooting these groups. The person who is, shoots a lot of guns, with a lot of different muzzle devices on them. My results are in line with his observations. I think the MOST informative will be the 10 shot group forthcoming with the MK319, to compare to the braked group with MK319.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post

I look forward to it! TY!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    This image from Surefire's own testing supports the theory...take the brake out of the equation, gas-flow wise, and...the flier goes away, and the group tightens up...

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Also remember than .308 isn't .223, in a whole lot of ways.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Also remember than .308 isn't .223, in a whole lot of ways.
    Roger that
    Last edited by WS6; 05-10-17 at 10:56.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast