Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: DD m4a1 RIS 2 rail

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    Lol. I'm not sure what the obsession with these rails are. I spent a lot of time living on the same COPs with various ODA's from 2007-2009 and never saw a single one. Everyone was using standard M4's. These aren't as popular as people think.
    For the most part you are right. We had block 1 back in 2000 when i got on an oda. We kept them till about 04 when we started transitioning to the block ii. Heck in 98 when i was with the 505th the m4 with the ras was rolled out with the m68 cco and peq 2 or the paq 4. Heck that was a huge upgrade from the m16 and pvs 4 i was using to a m4 m68 with pvs 14.
    Last edited by chef8489; 05-25-17 at 12:25.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    About 5 or more years ago I had most block II flat dark earth rails. I can't believe I let them all go then lol, I never thought they would dissapear like they have. I had fde MK18, fde mk18 fsp cutout, an fde ris II.
    Crazy

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've always said, if you want to pretend to be SF quit buying guns and get Rosetta Stone and a lensatic compass. Master both, then start with the ready up drills.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    I've always said, if you want to pretend to be SF quit buying guns and get Rosetta Stone and a lensatic compass. Master both, then start with the ready up drills.
    I would agree with that lol. A huge part of SFAS was land nav, so you must be able to read a military map, use a protracter, use a lensatic compass and read terrain features. When i went through the q course language school was last, now they put it first as too many people were failing out of language school after all the mos based training.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chef8489 View Post
    You can ask whatever you want, doesnt mean i will pay it especially since we get a military discount through daniel defense and other suppkiers, plus you can get brand new uppers for 1100.00 on gunbroker.

You might be able to buy the RIS II rail and the SF4P flash hider for what you are stating.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 05-25-17 at 19:12.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Oh no! How will I find a sturdy free float quad rail?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chef8489 View Post
    I would agree with that lol. A huge part of SFAS was land nav, so you must be able to read a military map, use a protracter, use a lensatic compass and read terrain features. When i went through the q course language school was last, now they put it first as too many people were failing out of language school after all the mos based training.
    language is the final phase before graduation gate week. A few years ago it was after WLC and IUW and Sage was the final now language is last after you complete sage. They keep changing it up, SOCM was separate from the Q, deltas went down to SOCM before any phase and if they graduated they did SFMS during MOS, now they're going back to SOCM and SFMS back to back during MOS. Lots of SOCM grads were getting dropped or VW'ing later on. There is a surprising amount of SOCM grads running around the 82nd as 11B's.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillar67 View Post
    I don't blame you, I was gonna do the same thing till this upper popped up. $600-$700 is crazy for a $300-$400 rail, there was one on eBay ant it was $675 that's crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my FDE FSP RIS II a couple months ago for $300. If you're patient, you can find one. I built it up with a 6920 barrel I paid $125 for and mated it to a Colt upper I paid $125. I have a Colt SOCOM barrel but I didn't want to hassle having a FH pinned to it. Maybe later.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    language is the final phase before graduation gate week. A few years ago it was after WLC and IUW and Sage was the final now language is last after you complete sage. They keep changing it up, SOCM was separate from the Q, deltas went down to SOCM before any phase and if they graduated they did SFMS during MOS, now they're going back to SOCM and SFMS back to back during MOS. Lots of SOCM grads were getting dropped or VW'ing later on. There is a surprising amount of SOCM grads running around the 82nd as 11B's.
    Thats good to know. I k ow when i left 7th group and was attached to the 490th down in Texas in 2005 they had changed when language school was. Had some friends that were finishig up finshing up and headig to sage but already completed language. I have been out of touch with the younger guys since 7th is i Florida now and i am iN ASHEVILLE Nc. Most of the SF guys here are way before my time. Its been about a year and half since i was at the SFA chapter in Fayetteville, but love the grounds. We had a great cookiut after the spartan sprint in 2015.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567