Thread: Good Primers Cheap !

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)

Good Primers Cheap !

http://www.cabelas.com/product/shoot...ck/2002898.uts
    Hey guys just saw this and ordered 10K SPP,,they have all styles available at the moment ! Use this Code for $5 buck shipping: (Cabela's has S&B primers on sale with 5$ shipping on orders over $99 with code) "57TENTS". I bought 10K a few years ago when they were $20 bucks per 1K and have shot most of them and had 0 problems ! Figured I would share. Oh they did charge me Tax,,,don't know if that's a NY thing but it still worked out to $24.13 per 1K shipped ! Pretty cheap, some of you guys mite be able to pick up Local !!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Were you charged a HAZMAT fee?

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Were you charged a HAZMAT fee?
    Yes the $24.13 was SHIPPED, Hazmat was only $20 bucks when I looked @ the bill ! This is the break down from my Invoice:
    Subtotal $199.90
    Shipping & Handling $5.00
    Tax (134xx) $16.39
    Hazardous Material Charge $20.00
    Total $241.29

Customer Service
    Telephone:
    1-800-237-4444
    Email:
    customer.service
    @cabelas.com
    Sign-Up and Win a $500 Gift Card

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    How good are these primers, specifically the SR?
    Suitable for AR?
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Suitable for AR?
    Based on my experience with the SPP I would say they are GTG ! I bought 10K a few years ago when Powder Valley had them for $20 bucks per 1K. I have gone through about 6K of them and had ZERO problems in multiple handguns. Glocks,H&K,CZ & SPP 45 ACP reloads. Never had a misfire,squib,weak primer,,anything. I'm still old school and single stage all my ammo unless I get over to a buddies place with a Dillon. Although with that said I gave a buddy everything to kick out 1K 9mm and he used these primers and they ran through his 650 with no problems. With hand priming they all seated fine with just enough tension/feel and always looked right if I did my part. I can only vouch for the Small Pistol Primers so based off of my experience with them I would not hesitate to buy and use them in any application, maybe not Precision stuff but then I never tried them so ya never know. For blamo-ammo I would not hesitate to buy and use these.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    Based on my experience with the SPP I would say they are GTG ! I bought 10K a few years ago when Powder Valley had them for $20 bucks per 1K. I have gone through about 6K of them and had ZERO problems in multiple handguns. Glocks,H&K,CZ & SPP 45 ACP reloads. Never had a misfire,squib,weak primer,,anything. I'm still old school and single stage all my ammo unless I get over to a buddies place with a Dillon. Although with that said I gave a buddy everything to kick out 1K 9mm and he used these primers and they ran through his 650 with no problems. With hand priming they all seated fine with just enough tension/feel and always looked right if I did my part. I can only vouch for the Small Pistol Primers so based off of my experience with them I would not hesitate to buy and use them in any application, maybe not Precision stuff but then I never tried them so ya never know. For blamo-ammo I would not hesitate to buy and use these.
    I second that. I've used a bunch of S&B SPP, over 5000 with zero issues in my pistol and as long as my rather old Dillon SQDB is tuned right they work there too. My pistols all use the original full strength factory mainspring. All bets are off if reduced power MS are used. Some tuned pistols can only use Federal match primers. I have no idea of the relative hardness of the S&B primers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Suitable for AR?
    S&B SR primers are good to go in ARs. I've used a bunch and haven't had any slam fires. They all go bang too,