Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dedicated 22lr upper, looking for scope

Feedback Score

Dedicated 22lr upper, looking for scope

Waiting on a my Beyer barrel to ship and then I'll be ready for final assembly. Now I'm on the hunt for glass and need recommendations from anyone that has a dedicated 22lr AR. I really don't even know why I decided to build this one but I had a built lower laying around and decided I must have an upper for it...lol So far I'm leaning towards the Nikon P-Rimfire 2-7×32 but wanted to get some more opinions.

Not even sure what I'll use it for but I figure my daughter could have fun plinking with it and me as well. Probably no more than 50-75 yards out tops.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HMM View Post
    Waiting on a my Beyer barrel to ship and then I'll be ready for final assembly. Now I'm on the hunt for glass and need recommendations from anyone that has a dedicated 22lr AR. I really don't even know why I decided to build this one but I had a built lower laying around and decided I must have an upper for it...lol So far I'm leaning towards the Nikon P-Rimfire 2-7×32 but wanted to get some more opinions.

Not even sure what I'll use it for but I figure my daughter could have fun plinking with it and me as well. Probably no more than 50-75 yards out tops.
    Virtually any decent scope will work with that caliber and that distance. Some value priced ones include Redfield and Primary Arms in a similar objective and zoom. You can even get away with a smaller objective at that distance, or a red dot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Personally Weaver Optics is my optic of choice for semi-22s. I have Weaver 4x28s on 10/22s and a 2.5-7x28 on MP-15/22.

Great scopes for the money.

http://www.weaveroptics.com/optics/r...assic_rimfire/

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Vortex diamondback 2-7x35. Great 22 scope for the money.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I also favor the Diamondback 2X7 but it is on a 10/22. I don't not care for exposed turrets but on an 22 AR they will be used. The problem is the height of the scope center above the bore is roughly 2 1/2 inches.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I have one of these and have been very satisfied with it. It is covered by Bushnell's No Questions Asked Lifetime Warranty. It's Bushnell's everlasting pledge to honor the purchase and guarantee your complete satisfaction, promising to repair or replace your product and ship it back to you at absolutely no charge.

http://shop.opticsplanet.com/v/85394...-3-9x40mm.html
    Last edited by Biggy; 05-07-17 at 16:53.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    I have one of these and have been very satisfied with it. It is covered by Bushnell's No Questions Asked Lifetime Warranty . It's Bushnell's everlasting pledge to honor the purchase and guarantee your complete satisfaction, promising to repair or replace your product and ship it back to you at absolutely no charge. http://shop.opticsplanet.com/v/85394...-3-9x40mm.html
    Biggy, what is the range of the AO. How close will it focus?

Feedback Score
    Bushnell ar optics 2-7 is on sale for $88 at Optics Planet right now. I have and love the Leupold rimfire. I also agree with the Weaver suggestion. Also like the diamond line, just not the weight.
    "It runs contrary to popular wisdom, but the truth is that the less we look out for ourselves, the more extraordinary the results." -- Chuck Petrie.

Proud owner of a very special BCM rifle

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Biggy, what is the range of the AO. How close will it focus?
    10 yds

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info all, gives me some more to look into this week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast