Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need sight recommendations

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vpetrell View Post
    This may be an option as well.

And nope, that's the limit I'm comfortable at with this gun. Anything else past this will keep on walking.

Thanks man

VP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just can't see doing anything more than beads on you grandpas old gun. Maybe just the front. All the Mall Ninja crap is just that.... Crap. Maybe don't do anything but enjoy having it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vpetrell View Post
    You're the man! I'll have to check them out and look for some reviews.

Thanks again. I appreciate the help

VP

Yea well like I said I wasn't really impressed with these 'snap on' alternatives, but it gives an option. I never shouldered it so who knows it might be great? I said the same thing about red dots for years for no reason at all 'I don't need that crap'. Ha! Turns out my near/far sightedness was crying for it! I love shooting irons, but my eyes have finally said no bueno.

Good luck and please post back your decision I'm interested to see how it pans out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I''l break rank. I'd put a pair of beads on it. Put the mid bead as far back as possible without getting on the barrel taper. Mid beads are half the size and height of front beads. Regulate the barrel so it shoots with the front bead sitting on top of the rear. A figure 8. Hope you're not planning on shooting turkey or deer past 30-35 yards.
    Thank you. I think I will just get a bead put on it. Keep it classic and simple. And keep with the era of the firearm.

I'll put up some more pics when done.

And this single shot for me hooked enough to want another one in 12g to "trick" out for deer season

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I''l break rank. I'd put a pair of beads on it. Put the mid bead as far back as possible without getting on the barrel taper. Mid beads are half the size and height of front beads. Regulate the barrel so it shoots with the front bead sitting on top of the rear. A figure 8. Hope you're not planning on shooting turkey or deer past 30-35 yards.
    This is what I was thinking too.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    May be too late, but either of these would be a nice bead that would look good. May have trouble finding the Raybar though.

http://www.ithacaowners.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=264

http://www.brownells.com/shotgun-par...-prod1886.aspx

Would say it might be worth it to thread for chokes(if thick enough at the muzzle) but not too many 16ga turkey tubes and the few reviews I just read are mixed at best.
    Last edited by JasonB1; 05-27-17 at 09:00.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Cool old shotgun. I like the double bead too. I assume it's now cylinder bore or did you have chokes installed. I would not suggest using a cylinder bore shotgun for Turkey hunting.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12