Page 41 of 73 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: You're Fired! Trump Fires FBI Director.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Flynn is pleading the 5th and refusing to had over documents that have been subpoenaed.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Flynn is pleading the 5th and refusing to had over documents that have been subpoenaed.
    He wants immunity.
    I would have to ask what's in it for me before I would promise it to him.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    He wants immunity.
    I would have to ask what's in it for me before I would promise it to him.
    I am sure those are the conversations they're having now.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    I am sure those are the conversations they're having now.
    Considering what this guy might know about the past two, maybe three administrations, I'm guessing they would prefer he not be given immunity.
    So pleading the fifth might be better for everyone to include perhaps both parties and himself.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Considering what this guy might know about the past two, maybe three administrations, I'm guessing they would prefer he not be given immunity.
    So pleading the fifth might be better for everyone to include perhaps both parties and himself.
    This.....he may end up committing suicide by shooting himself in the back of the head 3 times......
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    This.....he may end up committing suicide by shooting himself in the back of the head 3 times......
    http://www.redstate.com/joesquire/20...fth-amendment/
    He will be exercising his right to not incriminate himself.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...D=ansmsnnews11
    Flynn's letter to the Senate committee stressed that his decision to invoke his constitutional protection is not an admission of wrongdoing but rather a response to the current political climate in which Democratic members of Congress are calling for his prosecution. Even "truthful responses of an innocent witness" can give the government ammunition that could be used against Flynn, the attorneys noted, quoting a 2001 Supreme Court ruling.

Legal experts had said Flynn was unlikely to turn over the documents without a grant of immunity because doing so might compel him to waive some of his constitutional protections. The attorneys noted that if Flynn complied with the committee's request, he could be confirming the existence of documents, an act that itself could be used against him.
    Flynn's decision does not fully close the door on future cooperation with the committee. Attorney Robert Kelner said in March that Flynn wants to tell his story "should the circumstances permit." He noted it would be unreasonable for Flynn to agree to be questioned by the committee "without assurances against unfair prosecution.

Flynn's letter comes less than two weeks after the committee issued a subpoena for his documents as part of its ongoing investigation into possible collusion between Russia and Trump's campaign. In addition to the Senate investigation, Flynn is also being investigated by other congressional committees, as well as the ongoing FBI counterintelligence probe and a separate federal criminal investigation in northern Virginia.

Washington lawyer Nina Ginsberg, who has extensive national security law experience, said that if Flynn turned over any personal records in response to the committee's subpoena, he would waive his Fifth amendment rights regarding those documents and have to testify about them.

Ginsberg also noted that the committee faces new complications from the Justice Department's move last week to appoint Mueller as special counsel in the Russia inquiry. If the intelligence committee wants to give Flynn immunity, it will likely have to enter into discussions with Mueller to determine whether the move could impede the FBI's case.

Flynn was Trumps National Security Advisor for less than 90 days. It is most likely if he has had Russian contacts those contacts and possible/probable deals were made before Trump took office. I'm guessing the requested documents date back well before the primaries and well before he was on the "Team Trump."
    If he's dirty, it's a damned shame.
    Last edited by Averageman; 05-22-17 at 16:42.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    More coming;
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...trump-congress
    Some accusations here that Flynn did not fully disclose the entirety of his ties to both Russia and Turkey.
    This might have been the lions share of what was discussed in last weeks closed door meeting.

Feedback Score
    Why is Brennan such a douche bag? Every time he talks I just want to slap the crap out of him. He seems like a major political tool.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Why is Brennan such a douche bag? Every time he talks I just want to slap the crap out of him. He seems like a major political tool.
    Because he was a central figure in Spygate, but no one ever investigated his "smoke"?

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs...spying-scandal
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Page 41 of 73 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast