Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT sopmod stock

Feedback Score

LMT sopmod stock

Any opinions? Im buying an LMT and I am wondering if you think its worth the extra cash. Do you think I would be better of buying something like a magpul CTR? I have used the standard stock and I found it hard to find a comfortable place to get a good sight picture. I haven't had a chance to shoulder the sopmod but I handled a CTR at a gun show today and It felt solid and more comfortable than a standard m4 stock.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a CTR and an LMT SOPMOD I prefer the cheek weld of the SOPMOD, and it has battery storage.

YMMV

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The SOPMOD is an amazing stock, and the CTR (or now the MOE) is hard to beat for the price. It depends more on what type of carbine you're putting it on as the SOPMOD will balance out a longer heavier gun better like a 16" M4/Middy or 18" SPR, where a CTR/MOE will be better on an SBR or "Lightweight" 14.5" M4. Either way both beat the shit out of a normal CAR or M4 stock.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    decodeddiesel is right I should have said I had my SOPMOD on a 16" mid-length with a scope, and the CTR on a 14.5".

Feedback Score
    Thanks

Im going to be getting a 16inch LMT. Do you think that the cheek weld will help me get a more comfortable sight picture? I think the fact that I am a taller guy with longer arms makes the standard m4 stock uncomfortable, in your experience will the sophmod help this?

thanks

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Get the SOPMOD. It aint cheap, but it is money well spent. I plan on picking up one of the newer versions of the SOPMOD with the integral QD sling attachement point to replace the CTR on my carbine.

Feedback Score
    I believe that if you order the LMT with the SOPMOD on it, it only costs around an extra $100. If you purchase it later, it will cost almost double that!!!

I really like the cheek weld on my LMT. I recently go the Piston MRP CQB model and the pull up to the shoulder places my eyes right on their BUIS!!!

Feedback Score
    I have a sopmod on my colt. Its an excellent cheek weld but expensive. With folks with lengthy arms, you can a always extend the stock as long as you don't rely on the "Nose to Charging Handle" aiming method. And...you can always bend your elbows...
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    I just got a SOPMOD and it kicks ass!!! definatly worth the cash IMHO.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Coincidentally, someone here on M4C is selling a black LMT SOPMOD stock.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast