Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LMT sopmod stock

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sorry to add onto someone's thread, but, I've got a question for you guys who own the LMT SOPMOD stocks...
    I am also looking for a replacement for my S&W M&P15T (mil-spec extension tube), and was looking at the SOPMOD and E-Mod... My question is, which one is tighter on the tube??
    I don't mind the way the standard M4 stock works, I just hate the way they rattle around and wobble.. I want something tight, that's going to be rock solid when I shoot... I want the E-mod, since it's cheaper, but which one is tighter? Thanx!
    "A government big enough to give you what you want, is strong enough to take what you have." -T. Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I ordered 2 LMT Lowers with the SOPMOD stocks on them. I own Vltors, CTR's, UBR, and standard M4 stocks; the SOPMOD is a great stock. Simple and durable with no wiggle off the R.E. tube.
    I wouldn't buy one separately though- $200 is nuts for that stock. The should be no more than $130.
    A CTR keeps you in the $100 range and it's a good stock.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damascus View Post
    Sorry to add onto someone's thread, but, I've got a question for you guys who own the LMT SOPMOD stocks...
    I am also looking for a replacement for my S&W M&P15T (mil-spec extension tube), and was looking at the SOPMOD and E-Mod... My question is, which one is tighter on the tube??
    I don't mind the way the standard M4 stock works, I just hate the way they rattle around and wobble.. I want something tight, that's going to be rock solid when I shoot... I want the E-mod, since it's cheaper, but which one is tighter? Thanx!
    I have found all stocks, no matter what make, fit tighter on an LMT receiver extension. I have two LMT tubes and the results are the same. I've got REs from CMT, Vltor, and LMT and I prefer the Lewis Machine stuff. Given time, I'm sure all the stocks will eventually get loose on the LMT tube as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Might depend on the tube. I can tell you, both of my SOPMOD's on LMT r.e. tubes are very snug. There is no wiggle room at all.
    I have no experience with the EMOD, but I do own a VLTOR and it's not even close to how tight the SOPMOD is.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    In my experience, the tube has made all the difference. Try your Vltor on your LMT tube and see for yourself.

Feedback Score
    Ive got an LMT lower with SOPMOD and there is absolutly NO wiggle whatsoever. Its one rock solid piece of work

Feedback Score
    OK Guys...Here is the price directly from LMT Retail Price List Effective 1 Feb. 2008:

For complete rifles:

Standard Defender with 16" Chrome Lined 1:7" Twist Barrel, Standard Trigger, Standard Bolt & SOPMOD Stock.....$1250.00

Standard Defender with 16" Chrome Lined 1:7" Twist Barrel, Standard Trigger, Standard Bolt and Gen 2 Collapsing Stock.....$1235.55

For lowers only:

Defender Lower, Collapsing Stock and Standard Trigger....$330.00
    Defender Lower, SOPMOD Stock and Standard Trigger.....$437.00

For SOPMOD Stock only:......$199.00
    If you get the SOPMOD Stock Assembly, includes extension tube, plate and nut.....$263.85

As you all can see, the price difference is really moot when you purchase the complete rifle and even on just getting the lower, it's only $107 more. It is VERY much better than getting just the Gen 2 stock and is even very competitive with 'other' special cheek weld stocks when ordered with lowers or complete rifles!!!

If you are going to get the lower or complete rifle, go with the SOPMOD!!!!!!!

Feedback Score
    Worst come to worst if I hate it I don't think I would have a problem selling it and using that money to buy a emod.

Feedback Score
    Im not sure how it worked out this way, but I ordered LMT factory complete rifles 2 different times this year. The first with SOPMOD was only $20 more at order. Yeah, I asked the same thing when they told me the charge. They insisted it was $20. When the gun came in, they called me and told they screwed up somehow. They asked if I would cover the $100 charge. Since it still only cost me around $1100, I paid it without a fight. They always give me very good deals on guns, so I didn't feel baited in any way.
    When I ordered the second one, they told me the same price. I made them call LMT and they said I was right, it was an extra $100.
    Class 114 / T4

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    I have a CTR and an LMT SOPMOD I prefer the cheek weld of the SOPMOD, and it has battery storage.

YMMV
    What he said
    Brian Goode
    NC Knifemaker
    http://www.bgoodeknives.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast